Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Iso fix points on the rear seat

D

dlc4784

VIP Member
My 2008 california will not take two child seats ( ie does not have 4 isofix "bars") Do later california models have this "capability"?

Yes, our 2013 SE has 4 isofix bars. Have you checked thoroughly for them? They can sometimes be tricky (much trickier than in our car) to locate behind the seat cushions.

Are you sure? Ours is a 2011 model and does have them. In this thread a 2009 model has them. There are also T4 Cali's that have them. Here's a thread with someone in a 2017 model who first couldn't find the second one, but later did. So I'd be surprised if you don't, but anythings possible. Must add that mine were quite hard to find and placing the seats is a real nightmare. Helps when you lay the bench flat.

I have a 2008. As far as I can tell there are two sets but the outer clips are a nightmare to find.

Slide the rear seat a bit forward and feel underneath the seat back for the central clips. This will give you an idea of the location you are looking for. Then run your hand in at the same sort of position from the outer edge of the seat back. The clip feels like it is welded abutting the edge of the upright that retains the seat back. Do the same from the other edge to locate the other one. Admittedly we have only used the one by the door so I can’t promise the second one is operational.

We found the best way to attach the seat was to lengthen the seat clips close to fully and to have one person push the seat in while another rummaged behind looking for the clips to come through the gap and shouting and gesticulating wildly while the seat holding person muttered under their breath. Worked eventually though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you find the isofix points, a strap like the following one might be a lot handier for attaching/ removing/ reattaching your seat when camping, particularly if your isofix seat only had solid metal bars as opposed to flexible fabric straps + clips.

Have a look at the back of the seat from the tailgate. If you take the bedboard out you can see the IsiFix loops just above the tool kit welded to the seat frame.

In our 2010 van they are very difficult to connect to.

I have found the best way is to slide the seat forward and recline the back. Once you have the child seat latched, put the back upright and slide the whole seat back.

Alan

My ex 2006 California had isofix for two seats... Not so easy to find