Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Iso top Mk1(?) Fitting.

Bobbybus

Bobbybus

Learning how to be a hedonist...
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I bought a 'pre loved' Isotop from the forum earlier this year and the seller provided me with a fitting kit, which was useful. I have not tried to fit it until today as you need a couple of days with 18c warmth in order for the velcro glue to cure. However, the fitting instructions are rubbish and don't seem to apply to the version I have (or I am missing something obvious?) Let me describe the product I have then tell you my dilemma.
It is white on the 'outside' and dark blue on the interior. It has 4 bungee/elastic straps with hooks to the front and sides and the front third has elasticated cord running within the top edge.
I have worked out how to clean the sides/rear of the camper and where to place most of the supplied velcro (with the exception of the round dots and some extra strips), but it is the bungee and hooks that are baffling me. I can see that 2 hooks on each side will hang from the safety net hooks, but what happens to the other two? And there does not seem to be enough material to fit into the corners.
Suggestions and advice needed please.
Thank you.

I can't help directly, but I recently watched a YouTube video in French showing the fitting on a brandrup isotop in great detail. Just a chance it is your model. Just search YouTube for brandrup {there isn't a lot} then look for the French one.
I'll see if I can find it when I'm home.

Yes, I have seen the video and it has been of help, but it does not show the upper front fitment and I think it is of a later version.

Hope these photos help.
The corner bungee clip just squeezes into the corner the rest catch onto the toggles that are already there.
The front of the cab end bit is a bit rubbish it does hold off from the canvas a bit, but considering how good the liner is it's never bothered me or made me want to get either the mk2 or mk3 I think the mk4 has lighter fabric.
I prefer the blue fabric on the earlier liner's.

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2525.JPG

Hope these photos help.
The corner bungee clip just squeezes into the corner the rest catch onto the toggles that are already there.
The front of the cab end bit is a bit rubbish it does hold off from the canvas a bit, but considering how good the liner is it's never bothered me or made me want to get either the mk2 or mk3 I think the mk4 has lighter fabric.

View attachment 22205

View attachment 22206

View attachment 22207

View attachment 22208

View attachment 22209

Hi. Would this fit a T6 Beach please? (Manual roof)
Thanks!
Monica

Thanks!
Monica
I can’t see why it wouldn’t, unless there is a difference in size between T5 SE roofs and the manual beach roof. The one I have in the photos above is the first type Brandrup manufactured, the liners made after this are probably slightly better in regards to how they fit, especially at the front. They do sell them for SE/Ocean or Beach so they could be a different size.

Thanks!
Monica
I’ve just seen you are interested in buying one of these liners on another thread.
If it will fit it is well worth the asking price, there is another thread on how myself and another member have altered the way the liner fits at the back either side. The thread shows two different ways of making the liner attach better at the back, either way both work a way lot better than what it’s originally supplied with from Brandrup. I doubt If the liner that’s for sale has any velcro you will require a good quality sticky Velcro because this is what’s used to attach the liner to the van roof at the bottom edge.

Hope these photos help.

View attachment 22205

View attachment 22206

View attachment 22207

View attachment 22208

View attachment 22209
Thus is the same thank you so much .... I was wondering what the hell was going on there
This is so helpful, especially the photos so thank you for your help. I'll use it for now as it certainly makes the space darker.... Pushing the clips in at the front will help hugely so thanks again for your help ♥️

Back