Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ISOFIX SEATS?

Thats a really good tip! thanks for that!

Hi all,

just purchased a T6 beach with the three bench seat. Does anyone know if it has 2 or three isofix points in the rear bench?

Hi all,

just purchased a T6 beach with the three bench seat. Does anyone know if it has 2 or three isofix points in the rear bench?
Just been out to check.
Mine has two on rear bench but Strangely has 3 hook points on back!

4A744767-1911-4EEE-A65D-D43C0ABD08E0.jpeg

The seats that have the over back strapshave one locking hook on them.
I suspect those hooks are for your luggage net and not the child seats.
Alan

Thanks both for your quick replies - two it is then!

Hi all,

Two only. The middle seat doesn't have Isofix.
20181027_114848.jpg

We originally had three child seats across our rear bench. The two older ones (4 and 6) sat in the outer two Isofix high backed booster seats whilst the smallest at 2 years old was parked in a younger child's safety seat utilising the centre seat belt. The system worked very well for a while until said grandchildren grew. Now the two youngest, both girls, occupy the two outer seats whilst their older brother, now ten, sits in the middle using the standard seat belt. For most of the time this works well but there are often heated spats between the three siblings especially if the one sitting next to the rear Climatronic control decides to bait the others by making the rear compartment very cold or hot. Unfortunately, VW missed a trick with these controls in not fitting an isolation facility in the front. There is an overide button which allows the driver to sync all three zones but the tikes soon discovered that they could override that!
I have debated putting one of the captains swivel seats on the two middle rails for the 10 year old but I doubt if that will stop the fighting!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Borris - really helpful. Our older two are in high back boosters and youngest just about to make switch to front facing so we'll make it work.

How useful are the storage drawers under the seat?

Thanks Borris - really helpful. Our older two are in high back boosters and youngest just about to make switch to front facing so we'll make it work.

Very useful. Stowage is a personal thing and over time you will decide what you actually need and how best to store it. If you would like to know my stowage solution then please ask.

We keep a cartridge gas hob in one, children’s books and colouring pens in another and a pee bottle in the third.

As @Borris said, the rear climatronic controls are a pest.

One hot summer’s drive I spent ages worrying about why the parking heater was on. I did all sorts of fiddling with controls to turn it off, but it was stuck on on with the air conditioning set at 18 to cool it down.

Eventually I resolved to book it in for a warranty repair.

Fortunately, the night before it was due to go in for repair I woke with a cold sweat from a nightmare of the VW service team all mocking my incompetence. The parking heater was not on at all. While the dash was displaying a very clear 18C, the rear controls were set to 30!

I cancelled the warranty repair.

Hi! I see I am a bit late for the party, but I'll try anyway :)

We are planning to buy California Beach, post-facelift (2010+), probably with two-seater bench. But we have two kids.

So the question is: have anyone tried fitting two kid seats on the ISOFIX mounts on two-seater bench? Or do you think it will fit OK?

Thanks in advance

Hi! I see I am a bit late for the party, but I'll try anyway :)

We are planning to buy California Beach, post-facelift (2010+), probably with two-seater bench. But we have two kids.

So the question is: have anyone tried fitting two kid seats on the ISOFIX mounts on two-seater bench? Or do you think it will fit OK?

Thanks in advance
We have used them, normally a bit of a faff the first time but fine after that.

Get the 3-seater - always good to have the extra seat. Wife can sit between the kids in case of emergency, or you can give someone a ride. Always thought it's kinda lame to have such a huge car with only 4 seats :) (yes, there are still the possible single seats, but I took those out only once when I bought the car - like 500000kg, so stayed in the garage ever since)

They are very difficult to find and difficult to connect to.
The Maxi Cosy Cabriofix worked with the base as the leg extended. You can’t then open the drawer tho.
They do need for the ISOFIX arms to be quite long. Maxi Cosy arms extend. I can’t wait to get to point when we don’t need them. They are very safe though.

We have used them, normally a bit of a faff the first time but fine after that.
Thanks! So you used two at once on two-seater bench Beach?
(Just worried that California would have the mounts and Beach would not)

Thanks guys!

So anyone has experience with the two ISOFIX mounts on the Cali Beach?

(Just to be sureT5.2 Beaches have them)

Thanks guys!

So anyone has experience with the two ISOFIX mounts on the Cali Beach?

(Just to be sureT5.2 Beaches have them)
The Beach 2 seater bench is the same as the SE. / Ocean seat. You can definitely fit 2 isofix seats.