Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Well......I've gone and done it!!!!!

Great post Rik, very interesting :thumb

And yes, you're right and I get that its a balancing act, it's impossible to keep everyone happy, and a system is a system... It's just a bit frustrating for me I guess! But as I said, in the scheme of things its not life-threatening. And, yes, I avoid that dreaded VED charge, yay.

I will ask the dealer if its something they can do post-delivery, although I suspect its not a quick fix solution. They have been very good so far (Chris Figg at SMG is fantastic), I'm very pleased. They are going to put darker privacy glass in for me as the VW factory PG isn't dark enough for my liking, and I've also asked for a rear spoiler to be fitted and colour-coded. They will do that on site too, but as yet they are waiting for the stock to be updated as the spoilers are from the Sportline range, and the last time Chris checked for me the 2016/17 stock list for the Sportliness hadn't been updated.

I'm going down to see Chris in a couple of weeks so I shall add it to my list of questions :D

Update!!

New T6 spoiler now available, £220 ish, + vat and paint. At least I can have something colour-coded added to the van...:thumb

Yep, that's right I placed my order today for an Ocean - 150ps DSG, Acapulco Blue inc the dash trim! The other options are normal stuff as my budget was a max £50k. Wheels, Side bars and stuff like this will have to wait. Delivery looks like March '17. Jeeez, that's going to be a long wait!! Oh well.....on to my Christmas and Birthday lists. :happy:happy Just need to make sure family and friends are listening wont I.;) The Journey starts here.....
View attachment 15952

Cheers for now! Rik (can't wait for the enjoyment to begin!!)
Great news, we are still wondering Do We / Don't. We Priced up 150 ps dsg all the rimming at about 52k we both just retired and being 45 year VW owners always wanted a Cali.

Spell check! Auto-correct fail :eek:
Great news, we are still wondering Do We / Don't. We Priced up 150 ps dsg all the rimming at about 52k we both just retired and being 45 year VW owners always wanted a Cali.
Don't worry about the spelling just order your dream :D and try and avoid the new VED in April.:(

Hi, jabberwocky, I've ordered Acapulco blue with the dash insert too. Just wondering where you got the pic from? Thanks in advance.

Hi, jabberwocky, I've ordered Acapulco blue with the dash insert too. Just wondering where you got the pic from? Thanks in advance.
I got it from an Australian web site - I will try and find it again for you, here is a red dash http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sit.../legacy/vw-caravelle-t6-581.jpg?itok=rw5U0p83 , http://www.businesscarmanager.co.uk...agen-Caravelle-Generation-Six-2.0-TDI-cab.jpg , and a blue one - https://media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2015/12/17/9-3089301-sdr171215multivan06_t620.jpg , https://media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2015/12/17/9-3089304-sdr171215multivan08_t620.jpg - Both the Blue pics are attributed to a "Mark Bean".

Is that 52k before discount?

Thanks Jabberwocky! Those pics have reassured me that the coloured dash insert was the right choice. I saw it on a red and white caravelle in Wrexham van centre and it looked fantastic. Just hoped the blue was as effective and looking at the pics I'd say it'll be even better.

Agree, no so "in your face". :)

I have learnt a great deal from this forum already in my wait for delivery of my Cali. Thank you all. I will continue to contribute where/when I can and continue to learn from all of you very experienced Cali owners. Thank you again.

A small update?

Since ordering (24th August) no real news from VW, I suppose I didn't really expect any if I am honest. That said it has not stopped me looking, researching, buying the odd bit of kit in readiness of my Cali's eventual arrival. I even downloaded an owners manual today and was shocked to see it was 490 something pages! Crikey, that will take a bit of getting through.

Anyway one bit of news which adds a little to the excitement/anticipation of the wait was an envelope that dropped on my doorstep this morning. It was from the DVLA. Someone in my family (I assume) has bought me a "Cherished Registration Number" and in the envelope was a Certificate of Entitlement. It is T600VWC. I was not expecting anything like that and am well chuffed even though I still can't find out who my benefactor was/is!! Stumped for ideas right now but I will find out!!

More info to follow as and when.............

Rik

OK, well its started to get a little bit exciting.

"Status Code 20" has been advised as being week 4, that's w/c 23 Jan. So UK delivery and pick up about last week of Feb/First of March. Wow that's pretty close (and avoiding the dreaded VED rise!).:)

Since my last post on this tread in October, Christmas has been and gone and a few bits and bobs have been added to my accessories stock and most noticeable are a couple of these flat pack storage bins - they are just so cool (well I think so!). One in red and one in blue. They will sit very nicely in the boot below the bed (on lowest position). I am wondering if I can get away with the idea of "his" and "hers".;)
storage_foldable_vw_campervan_CVG_red_front__92748.1478707970.1280.1280.jpg

OK, well its started to get a little bit exciting.

"Status Code 20" has been advised as being week 4, that's w/c 23 Jan. So UK delivery and pick up about last week of Feb/First of March. Wow that's pretty close (and avoiding the dreaded VED rise!).:)

Since my last post on this tread in October, Christmas has been and gone and a few bits and bobs have been added to my accessories stock and most noticeable are a couple of these flat pack storage bins - they are just so cool (well I think so!). One in red and one in blue. They will sit very nicely in the boot below the bed (on lowest position). I am wondering if I can get away with the idea of "his" and "hers".;)
storage_foldable_vw_campervan_CVG_red_front__92748.1478707970.1280.1280.jpg
They are nice - where did you source them from please?