Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've only gone and done it Rodney....

Iron Van

Iron Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I thought I would take this opportunity to say hi. My name is Steve and after lurking around the site for a few weeks reading all the advice, yesterday I finally ordered my Beach.
It has been ordered through a very nice chap at South Hereford VW called Simon. He has been awesome and helped me order the options that I have decided are ‘must have’. He took me through the packs to get the best value for money (I didn’t realize that the packs had changed since the July brochure). And though his quote was not the cheapest, the service he provided was worth the extra couple of %.
We started this journey last year when I bought a 2008 T5. Being away a lot of the time, trying to convert it just didn’t work for us. But I love that truck. My ritual when I get home from the airport is to kiss the wife, kiss the 10 year old daughter, kick the dog and lick the truck. Not necessarily in that order and hence why my wife sometimes saying I taste funny. (Anyone familiar with Jeremy Clarkson will understand the licking) And then my wife found the Beach and it looked perfect for us, so a quick trip to see one in the flesh and it confirmed what we hoped would be true.
So now I sit back and wait 3 months right…wrong, there is so much preparation now. Has the dash changed, does it now have 4 rails and not 3. Where can I get a topper, where can I get mats, an awning and a cover for the windows, and stickers..how does one find a ‘Lifes a Beach’ sticker for along the bottom. But most importantly, where can I get that elusive slobber proof, strawberry tasting steering wheel cover? Ooooo the next few months will bring much pleasure as I journey searching for answers, before the truck already named Sid, finally arrives. I fear I will be talking to lots of the forum sponsors, how the heck I am going to get any work done is beyond me…. Right, seat covers…

Re: I've only gone and done it Dave....

Congratulations on putting in your order!

I'm at the same stage - ordered my 7 seat beach a few months ago and it's due sometime mid-Nov. In the meantime I am slowly accumulating a pile of bits and pieces randomly bought along the way (khyam drive-away awning, mallet, kettle, VWCaliClub sticker (very important!)) with a huge list still to go (camping stove, topper, seat covers, more sleeping bags, mattress topper, etc etc)...exciting times!

Kissing your van :laugh2 thats a new one on me :laugh2 welcome & enjoy

Calikev,

Kissing the truck, oh no...that kind of behaviour is crazy.

Licking on the other hand, perfectly acceptable!!

Thanks mate

Thanks maui2512,

Mallet damn, kettle damn...best I get back on Amazon!! :headbang

Back