JUMP START BATTERY PACK

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Due to the fact that our Cali often suffers from a flat battery, has anyone got any experience of using something like Startmonkey 400, as an alternative to the heavy jump start packs that you usually see? It claims that it will start any 4x4 van, or boat, 15-20 times without requiring a re-charge, but looking at the wires and size, I am sceptical!!!

I need something small and lightweight that WORKS. The claims for this product seem almost too good to be true but before I lobb out the £200 they want for it, has anyone got any experience of it, or any other small-sized jump packs?

We already have a mega size pair of jump leads, but as we spend a lot of our time wild camping in very remote spots, jump leads are of limited use!

SusiBus said:
Due to the fact that our Cali often suffers from a flat battery, has anyone got any experience of using something like Startmonkey 400, as an alternative to the heavy jump start packs that you usually see? It claims that it will start any 4x4 van, or boat, 15-20 times without requiring a re-charge, but looking at the wires and size, I am sceptical!!!

I need something small and lightweight that WORKS. The claims for this product seem almost too good to be true but before I lobb out the £200 they want for it, has anyone got any experience of it, or any other small-sized jump packs?

We already have a mega size pair of jump leads, but as we spend a lot of our time wild camping in very remote spots, jump leads are of limited use!

Just a thought!!!
Maybe it is possible to connect jump leads from one of the leisure batteries to engine starting battery?????? No doubt the techies will know.
Regards Timber

yes, people have jumped their vans from leisure batteries. Not really what their designed for, but if you're stuck in the middle of nowhere....

While we didn't have a completely dead battery, our alternator belt failed while on a trip recently. What we did to keep the starter battery charged was run a battery charger off of our invertor running off the leisure batteries. If you're not in a rush to get away, this may be a solution. The little c-tek type chargers take up very little room.

dan

If it is left at home you could use hook up which will trickle charge the main battery as well. If not a battery conditioner that is dedicated to charging the engine battery would be a good idea.

cheers