Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just Spec'd Up a Marco Polo...

Having driven the MP for weekend it is an awesome drive, I love VW but they are a bit in the dark ages in so many ways, its a shame but you will love the MP, they are around as I saw one last weekend so there must be some demos out there.

I'd be interested if you could quantify the "dark ages" comment?
I'm not a fanboy but have you driven the new T6? I see you have a T5 listed. The T6 may have come out of the dark ages, VW made lots (6000 reportedly) of apparent changes from the T5 to the T6. :)

I've not driven a T5 or a MP but I do like the drive of the T6 more relaxing than my previous Volvo.

..message ends..

I think calling a the new transporter is a bit thick coming from VW, its T5.3 at best, and a poor attempt at an improvement, yes I have or should I say had a T6 if some people wish to call it that, it was nice to drive but the list of faults on a £65k vehicle was just unreal.

it went back and at present I am suing VW, as the DSG went for the third time in less than 2 months with 3,500 mile on the clock, mind you I should have learnt my lesson as having now just over 4 x T5 with DSG gearboxes not one has lasted or not failed since new, and all with the same old issue the electronic controls that sit in the oil reservoir within the gear box.

I am no expert but that's the story I have been told so many times, to be fare every time VW has repaired the vans at £1,500 a pot, but that's a big issue when the van has gone for a week at a time.

We have now purchased back my last T5 DSG 4 motion and are running this until they bring out a real proper new built van or T6.

in the mean time I will keep you posted on legal proceedings, as there were so many other issues, and even the dealer told me to return the vehicle and say you do not except this vehicle as it is substandard and not of merchantable quality which it is not.

VW to be fair have offered a replacement vehicle but I have stuck to my guns and want a full refund, and not even going after them for distress and compensation, I just want to be in the position I was the day before I walked in and placed the order.

Since blogging the storey on line I have found 13 un-happy souls with very similar stories so we have gone with one solicitor and bring a joint action.

just as a bit of history, I have a company who has purchased over 60 T5 over the last 10 years to carry out its business, and we have had a lot, and I mean a lot of hassle with them, to the point that other than my troubled but beloved T5 Cali, we can not use the brand due to un-reliability issues, and over the last 5 years we have been trouble free for, all this time with other manufacturers vehicle's.

Rant ends, happy traveling.

Davetilbury. Re loving VW and the subsequent post re problems and legal action around a dsg issue has VW given you the run around? I have driven the Mercedes V class executive style people carrier and it drives well but not better than my T6. To be honest my T6 Ocean with manual box felt much better. The T6 may share same interior furniture and bodyshell but engineering wise the changes are significant.

pleased you are pleased but for some, a lot of inherent issues have never been left un-attended in the rush to improve an old van, the only way forward is a total re-design or the issues wont go away.

VW as ever are always slow to react and to listen to customers complaints and at a dealetr conference the out come after speaking to some delegates was this is the VW way and has been for some 40 years, so nothing will change.

Even within the network, when I first went to look at the new T6 as its called, the dealer said I wouldn't bother there are some good changes but most of the issues and the real problems are still there plus some new issues.

there words were stick to your model and change in 2018 when the real T6 will be announced as this is quite a departure and a new van from top to bottom not a few rushed mods as the real T6 was not ready and they were falling behind on van sales, that's what drove the T6 as it is called now to be pushed through, as van sales are the key and the market place they are falling well behind on unit sales, and continue to do even with this model, as again they are well behind the competition, by some margin and again they have not learnt what there customers want.

sad but true, anyway if yours is going well and you are pleased that's all good, may be I have had a few Friday afternoon job Vans, and the German Beer was calling the guys !!!!

Enjoy the T6, but the Auto MP is some van, and feels just like driving a car, the same can not be said for a VW T5/6, but its a drivers choice and each have different opinions of what hey want from a vehicle.

The Marco Polo looks like a nice van, seat covering in alacantra is more practical , nice dash, but storage is poor compared with the VW. Especially disappointing that the valuable under bed storage from the back is used up by a canvas crate with a table and two chairs so IMO the VW wins hands down although I am sympathetic with the VW reliability which is not very special at all. Maybe it's a van thing, my B-i-L has a Passat DSG two years old and 80,000 miles and he's never had any problems at all.

Two Passats - most reliable cars I ever had with just normal servicing.

The rear storage on the MP is a very serious design flaw

MP no way, can't beat a Cali------ on my second one now
I have had my T5 cali from new now 4years old Don't use it for camping as the Good Wife does not like to camp out anymore so I don't either, Would I sell it????????? not on your life ---By the way we are both 82---- It is without doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned, The diesel heater that I put on before going out is a godsend for our poor old bones AHHHHH.

Westfalia designs hey?

Seriously, if this is the biggest problem that can be levelled at the MP maybe they're on to a winner. If it bothers anyone, just don't order them (save money!). Its not like they're welded in place.:headbang

[QUOTE="davetilbury, post: 202650, member: 10294"]I think calling a the new transporter is a bit thick coming from VW, its T5.3 at best, and a poor attempt at an improvement, yes I have or should I say had a T6 if some people wish to call it that, it was nice to drive but the list of faults on a £65k vehicle was just unreal.

it went back and at present I am suing VW, as the DSG went for the third time in less than 2 months with 3,500 mile on the clock, mind you I should have learnt my lesson as having now just over 4 x T5 with DSG gearboxes not one has lasted or not failed since new, and all with the same old issue the electronic controls that sit in the oil reservoir within the gear box.

I am no expert but that's the story I have been told so many times, to be fare every time VW has repaired the vans at £1,500 a pot, but that's a big issue when the van has gone for a week at a time.

We have now purchased back my last T5 DSG 4 motion and are running this until they bring out a real proper new built van or T6.

in the mean time I will keep you posted on legal proceedings, as there were so many other issues, and even the dealer told me to return the vehicle and say you do not except this vehicle as it is substandard and not of merchantable quality which it is not.

VW to be fair have offered a replacement vehicle but I have stuck to my guns and want a full refund, and not even going after them for distress and compensation, I just want to be in the position I was the day before I walked in and placed the order.

Since blogging the storey on line I have found 13 un-happy souls with very similar stories so we have gone with one solicitor and bring a joint action.

just as a bit of history, I have a company who has purchased over 60 T5 over the last 10 years to carry out its business, and we have had a lot, and I mean a lot of hassle with them, to the point that other than my troubled but beloved T5 Cali, we can not use the brand due to un-reliability issues, and over the last 5 years we have been trouble free for, all this time with other manufacturers vehicle's.

Rant ends, happy traveling.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was called a T6 because it has a euro 6 engine in it.

It was in many ways essential to put the E6 engine in so why not carry out a few mods, some drive train improvements, and say "There you are, T6"

My Transporter is a T6 but I've got the euro5 140ps engine in mine

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back