Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Keeping WiFi from switching off in GC

dennfo

dennfo

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Has anyone found a way to keep your WiFi on when the ignition is off and Van is locked? I was trying to see if I could install an internal WiFi security camera so that I could see inside when we are away - but when the WiFi goes off the camera goes off as well. I’ve looked in the router configuration but can’t see anything. Any tips much appreciated, thanks

Guess you would require a permanent live, if its security your you are interested in your We Connect will email immediately if you if you have intruders.

No worries. Get signed up soonest.

Will

Hi there im james from Dublin nice to meet you all, recently just purchased a GC 680 and I have found the club and website very informative thanks for that and I will try add my bits and info to help others going forward, I have the same problem i added the WIFI as an extra but didn't expect it to knock off when doors are locked, I too want it for security and also to watch the dog if we go for quick pint in the evenings and cant bring him. It doesn't make sense to be honest I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this ... again thanks for the knowledge and tips

Hello @JemSunKhan033

Congratulations for your GC 680. There aren't a lot of Grand Californias in Ireland, certainly I had not seen one GC 680 in the "flesh" on my journeys.

Maybe we could say hello at some stage (it seems we are not so far away from each other).

About your LTE query, I can't help. I just got a Poynting outside aerial and a Teltonika RUTX120 installed.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hi there im james from Dublin nice to meet you all, recently just purchased a GC 680 and I have found the club and website very informative thanks for that and I will try add my bits and info to help others going forward, I have the same problem i added the WIFI as an extra but didn't expect it to knock off when doors are locked, I too want it for security and also to watch the dog if we go for quick pint in the evenings and cant bring him. It doesn't make sense to be honest I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this ... again thanks for the knowledge and tips
Probably set up like that to avoid draining the engine battery. It shouldn't be too hard to identify the Ignition Live input cable and swapping to a Leisure Live source or a switch to switch power sources.

Hi there,
James, I too have purchased a GC 680, I'm from Wicklow. I'm currently looking to do a few upgrades to include a WiFi. Will let you know how I get on.
Nikki

Back