Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX 8180dab replacement in my RNS510 in my T5.1 ? Existing screen colour

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
My Installer is asking if my existing RNS510 is white or red display before ordering head unit... If red display on my RNS 510 then its a no go .. If white then it will be direct replacement and will display all existing stuff like parking sensors/heating /seat control... Does this make sense to anyone? (DNX 518 is a fall back option if no go)

I’d give Absolute5 a call and scrap your plans with your local installer.

Bit harsh.. the question has been raised with his supplier and not my installer.

Wasn’t supposed to be harsh, but if your installer has to rely on the supplier then personally I wouldn’t use them.

I believe the question they are asking has nothing to do with a California but they are asking generic T5 questions.

He is a great trusted/installer but all his info indicates that the Kenwood DNX8180 might not keep all the existing display functions of my RNS 510. He just wants to get it right!

He is a great trusted/installer but all his info indicates that the Kenwood DNX8180 might not keep all the existing display functions of my RNS 510. He just wants to get it right!

Hope it goes ok. The questions they are asking make no sense, as the RNS510 only ever had one colour text. They are referring to the DIS colour.

If you want to know 100% call Jason at Absolut, he’ll tell you all you need to know over the phone. I have no affiliation with them but they install Kenwoods into T5 & T6’s all day long, each and every day and Jason a great guy.

Hope it goes ok. The questions they are asking make no sense, as the RNS510 only ever had one colour text. They are referring to the DIS colour.

If you want to know 100% call Jason at Absolut, he’ll tell you all you need to know over the phone. I have no affiliation with them but they install Kenwoods into T5 & T6’s all day long, each and every day and Jason a great guy.
DIS colour .. now u got me.. Display I assume?

DIS colour .. now u got me.. Display I assume?

Driver info display, the display between the Speedo and rev counter. However this has nothing to do with the stereo, nor does the colour of the RNS510.

Will explain in full when I get a chance, our 2 year old not allowing me much typing time!

The 8180 will keep parking sensors, climate display and mfd sat nav directions etc if the correct interface is used

However the 8180 has now been dropped, the 7190 sort of takes it place and the 9190 is also available

Back