Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MFD / dash display stuck in Bluetooth phone sub menu

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
I'm probably doing something retarded, but ever since I paired my iPhone 5 with the RNS 510 I can't get the dash display out of the phone sub menu

I don't have the multifunction steering wheel and the manual refers to holding down the down button on the end of the stalk controller, which has no effect. Even when I turn off the Bluetooth the display just shows unpaired phone / media menu

If I enter a nav route then this seems to override & displays ok, but when the route is stopped, I'm back in the phone. Anyone know how I return to the main menu (for items like consumption etc?)

Cheers,

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AndyFromTheBrac said:
I'm probably doing something retarded, but ever since I paired my iPhone 5 with the RNS 510 I can't get the dash display out of the phone sub menu

I don't have the multifunction steering wheel and the manual refers to holding down the down button on the end of the stalk controller, which has no effect. Even when I turn off the Bluetooth the display just shows unpaired phone / media menu

If I enter a nav route then this seems to override & displays ok, but when the route is stopped, I'm back in the phone. Anyone know how I return to the main menu (for items like consumption etc?)

Cheers,

Andy

Can't help I'm afraid but I bet there's a really easy answer which is going to make you look really silly :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The right hand stalk has a rocker switch on the end. Press the upper section and hold, this should take you 'up a menu level'. There is also another button which is enter.

Freeley said:
Can't help I'm afraid but I bet there's a really easy answer which is going to make you look really silly :grin:

My thinking exactly!

But in this case I'm not being a total muppet. Holding the up (or down as per manual) stalk button works but only if I select & start the Nav function, then all works fine. However, once I switch off & back on I'm back stuck at the phone sub menu again (if I delete the user/profile I still get the phone menu with "No paired phone found")

I even tried a partial factory reset (media, system & phone), but nothing doing.

Grim!

A reboot of the RNS510 is < > i all held at the same time.

Don't think that's your issue though.

Thanks for the suggestions Stu, tried those to no avail. Booked in with the dealer now.

Oddly it dropped back to MFD when my wife was driving a fair distance yesterday. Back to being stuck in the phone menu again now tho. I suspect iPhone 5 tomfoolery, I've had issues with iOS Bluetooth before

Andy

I have the same problem in my Passat 2009. Any solution yet?

Sadly not Mark. I've found that leaving it unpaired for a while brought it back to life (but unpaired). A visit to the dealer didn't sort, so it's booked in for a second attempt. Annoying really!

Had this problem just after we bought our Cali and phoned the dealer. He suggested holding down the button for a long time - a couple of minutes at least - and it worked. Previously we'd just held it down for a few seconds.

An irritating 'fault' - you'd think VW would have made things simpler.

Hello

I joined this very forum as i was stuck in the same phone menu! :censor

Holding the UP button on the stalk does indeed work. You do not have to hold it for minutes though. :doh

Scroll to the bottom of the menu your stuck in (phone menu) and then hold UP shouldn't take more than 3-5 seconds and BOOM!!...back to the main menu! select from MFD, Phone, Audio, whatever!!

just thought id let you know

James

vw.jpg
I have a similar problem with the MFD "stuck", (see attached picture) I have tried holding down the rocker switch for short and long period but to no avail.
Seems to have happened as I was changing the radio settings.
I wondered if there is a connection.
(2012 Beach with bog standard radio.)
Advice very welcome.
Patrick

Last edited:
View attachment 31256
I have a similar problem with the MFD "stuck", (see attached picture) I have tried holding down the rocker switch for short and long period but to no avail.
Seems to have happened as I was changing the radio settings.
I wondered if there is a connection.
(2012 Beach with bog standard radio.)
Advice very welcome.
Patrick

Is the bonnet open?

It might be worth opening and shutting in case the sensor isn't registering it as closed.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Is the bonnet open?

It might be worth opening and shutting in case the sensor isn't registering it as closed.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
good point. the bonnet is filled in white which means it thinks the bonnet is open.

Thanks for advice, the bonnet if fully closed, I'll check the sensor / micro switch to see if it is working.

Hello

I joined this very forum as i was stuck in the same phone menu! :censor

Holding the UP button on the stalk does indeed work. You do not have to hold it for minutes though. :doh

Scroll to the bottom of the menu your stuck in (phone menu) and then hold UP shouldn't take more than 3-5 seconds and BOOM!!...back to the main menu! select from MFD, Phone, Audio, whatever!!

just thought id let you know

James
Thanks...old post I know but new problem for me! All sorted now...I hope.. :)

Back