Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Khyam LED light pack (awning led strip) and how to fit.

Just fitted one of these yesterday. I’ve not decided whether to hardwire to one of the light switches or not yet. A neat solution instead of using the 12v socket in the boot is to trace the wires through to the 12v socket under the right hand side of the rear bench. This way you can use the on/off button on the 12v socket just by opening the sliding door as opposed to opening the boot.

Just fitted one of these yesterday. I’ve not decided whether to hardwire to one of the light switches or not yet. A neat solution instead of using the 12v socket in the boot is to trace the wires through to the 12v socket under the right hand side of the rear bench. This way you can use the on/off button on the 12v socket just by opening the sliding door as opposed to opening the boot.
Just fitted the light kit this morning.

I did as you say, with the wire going in at the back and then largely tucked away until the it gets plugged in to the 12v socket by the rear bench. I assume if it's switched on at the plug, but off via the remote, it's still draining the leisure batteries?

Very pleased with it. Not quite as neat and tidy as @larrylamb's job, but I didn't fancy messing around with the rear drain plug.

LED lights.jpg

Good stuff and yes if you leave on and only switched off via the remote I would guess that there would be a small amount of battery drain, but I‘m no electrician.

Currently have an occasional problem with mine in that it switches itself on on its own accord. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Thinking about resetting / changing the batteries within the remote as a starting point. Seems to be occurring more since installation in 2018

Mine comes on occasionally when my neighbour opens his garage. It's not every time so his must have a rolling code that occasionally matches

Thanks larrylamb, you inspired me to fit mine. I took the wire through the tail light grommet (tail light comes off with two screws). The wire was then fed to the power outlet under the sliding seat with the control unit sitting in the cup holder. I usually hide things away but wanted good reception for the remote control. Light output is impressive & its great that you can dim them using the remote :thumb
Hey Steve&Bev,

Had a look after your comment and took my tail light off to see how to route the cable.

How did you eventually route the cable to the 12V connection / cup holder under the sliding seat? Because you will still need to take some panels out I suppose to be able to route the cable? I took off the cover for the heater but there isn't much to see here other than the heater.

Can you maybe describe how you did this? Another good option for me would be to still use the tail light grommet, but to then route the cable to the furthest rear interior light (basically as it is shown in this post).

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Back