Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kidney anyone?

G

Gromit

Hello everyone I'm new to this site :D in 2009 when the interest rate on my mortgage started to fall,I set up a separate account to put the extra In I was saving ,to eventually draw down my dept when the rate rose again.A year or so latter and 10k to the good the plan changed somewhat,Give the bank back10k! No way They would only waste it on bonuses, plus the dogs getting on a bit and is having trouble getting in and out of my truck, so the money would be better of going towards a van with a side door and easier access for him. As I need 4wd i thought a t5 4 motion would be just the job. The more I looked into it the more I wanted a 5.1 so more saving needed..... Sold my motorbike to add to the kitty,plus six more months of saving, and when it comes to it sell the truck...now I was in newish van territory. Another must have was a 'wrong' side sliding door so the only option I had was a twin slider or buy new and spec an offside door. As a keen camper and a retired carpenter I've always had a dream of having a van and converting it myself so a twin slider is a bit of a no go.As more time and more savings accumulated I came across a website where you can 'build' your van from the vw options. Wow I could have windows all round, I could have swivel seats,a heater!,etc etc etc and I could have a bill for 35k....... More saving needed! Another year or so past and I got the feeling they would have brought out the t79 before I could save 35k.Well out came my old tools....if I had no van to convert I'd convert the garage into a static camper! rent my flat out and save a bit quicker. 2014 and I'm getting there, up to 30k and counting.... Then in February I come across this site, wow now I can have a California with 4motion and the perfect wrong side door all for 45k! My god they look good and I no I've gotta have one but how do i get the extra 15k? Renting out the flat, I've sold my bike and the dogs so old he's worth nowt , kidney anyone? Ps love the forum only thing keeping me sane! x

Saving for it makes it more special than finance! I turned down a couple of things last year with friends to keep up the savings but now the same people who thought it was boring to save and not holiday now loving the van :D

FWIW I was looking at a transit conversion once that had twin doors - they made the cooker in front of the door (good ventilation) AND the fridge was on a slide-out mechanism to allow access to your beers when outside.

This should give you an idea of the layout http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Autocamp ... 3a646081e4 but they have changed designs now with the new Transit

I paid cash for mine, although I sometimes I wished I kept a bit back for other things. With £30k sounds like you have you have more than enough for a deposit. If you can, why not take the VW finance option and live your dream a little earlier??

Andy

Back