Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Last T6.1 Ocean

See my additional suggestion ...Im sure there are some dealers out there that have ordered an extra few cali's 'just in case'??
Yes, thanks, going down this route now - must be something close out there....had a really good deal on the price and 0%......but I really want one!

Yes, thanks, going down this route now - must be something close out there....had a really good deal on the price and 0%......but I really want one!
Very disappointing. Not the same deal I know, but there are a couple of brand new 4motion reflex silver on Auto trader.

PM me if you want to go nearly new?…I’m trading my 72 plate in when my ordered new one arrives in July..happy to negotiate something so we both benefit. Just a thought.

Very disappointing. Not the same deal I know, but there are a couple of brand new 4motion reflex silver on Auto trader.
Thank you for trying to help - I appreciate it. I need to escalate the situation first before then turning to this

PM me if you want to go nearly new?…I’m trading my 72 plate in when my ordered new one arrives in July..happy to negotiate something so we both benefit. Just a thought.
Thank you - I appreciate your offer - I have my heart set on new and feel I should exhaust all possibilities first

I have a sad tale to tell. Ordered a 4-motion with diff lock in Mojave Beige 3rd week in March. I decided on the style pack- I know its not everyone's cuppa but we felt, having seen one, it matched the colour really well and particularly liked the front and back Aluminium skid pans - personal choice. At the time it was still on the config but a week later or so that and sports pack came off. Anyway, heard nothing and called into dealer from time to time....and they said everything fine. Having read these threads I decided to push harder for an up-date. However, today my dealer told me that VW had been in touch two days ago - no style pack (OK, annoying but can live with this) can't do Mojave Beige (kinda OK but now two lemons) and order has been cancelled....I have been told that's it gone. Apparently VW emailed my dealer to say 'we can't build this - can you let us know in the next 15 mins what the customer wants us to do'....and of course they didn't see the email until 'later'. How utterly ridiculous. So our dream has been shattered....two years planning and many more years saving....even purchased a ridge monkey pan!!!!....and planned our holiday to Shetland in August.... I've been told that production has stopped....this can't be true but we do know that new orders stopped a while back. I wonder if anyone else has /is experiencing a cancelled order. I need to compose myself and consider my next steps.
That really is a sad tale

Which dealer was this? 15 minutes doesn't quite seem like the dealer is telling the whole truth

Week 23 so August sometime for delivery. I wonder which builds will be the last 1500 leaving the factory.?

30,000 a year as per their factory video. That’s 2500/month unless they’ve scaled back production (I’m guessing they have).

IMG_7318.png

I ordered a 4 motion with a sports styling pack with every extra other than a shower and tow bar assist the last week of march and it’s now in the country,hoping to pick it up next week so sorry to hear your order has been cancelled,I did have to have the drive select option at a cost of £1600 that I didn’t want in order to get the styling pack.I also had a very switched on sales person who talked me through every aspect of the order as the option order process seemed pretty complicated.

30,000 a year as per their factory video. That’s 2500/month unless they’ve scaled back production (I’m guessing they have).

View attachment 123698

The last three weeks of production then - due to delivery times we probably won't see any "Last" badges land in the UK until the production line is shut down.

Week 23 so August sometime for delivery. I wonder which builds will be the last 1500 leaving the factory.?

I’ve also got a week 23 build slot - but been advised early July delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a 4 motion with a sports styling pack with every extra other than a shower and tow bar assist the last week of march and it’s now in the country,hoping to pick it up next week so sorry to hear your order has been cancelled,I did have to have the drive select option at a cost of £1600 that I didn’t want in order to get the styling pack.I also had a very switched on sales person who talked me through every aspect of the order as the option order process seemed pretty complicated.
Is ‘drive select’ the ‘dynamic chassis control’? I know some give it a bad rep, but I’m glad I have it.
Sport weights the steering up, limits the rebound over speed bumps and makes it less wallowy on the twisties. Comfort helps you waft along motorways. I prefer the sport steering always so have the individual setting for soft suspension and tight steering. Given the amount you can spend sorting the suspension out, I think DCC is a good OEM compromise.
Bit weird you had to have it to get the Sport Pack though - entirely unrelated

Ordered our new 4Mo on 7th March. It was at the docks awaiting shipment on 1st May. Told today still at the docks awaiting a boat. That's three weeks so far of getting covered in seagull poo. There must be alot of new cars coming into the UK!
Similar experience back in March. All OK now

Can’t believe it … ordered in March … Wk19 build slot so first week of May…2 week build and guess what…I was schocked …it’s at the dealer and could collect this coming week if I wanted to…that’s 3 weeks to build in factory and collect from dealer. Very Unusual but at every stage it could have waited in a queue …those wheels kept rolling …it even got itself on a ferry the same day it arrived at port as was in a convenient position to load..unbelievable…my current Cali took a year to arrive ..amazing !

Last edited:
Out of interest, did you list in the cars, vans or Motorhome category? I went for Motorhome with good results but it can be a little confusing!
I always get more joy in the vans section of Autotrader for Cali Oceans.

Can’t believe it … ordered in March … Wk19 build slot so first week of May…2 week build and guess what…I was schocked …it’s at the dealer and could collect this coming week if I wanted to…that’s 3 weeks to build in factory and collect from dealer. Very Usual but at every stage it could have waited in a queue …those wheels kept rolling …it even got itself on a ferry the same day it arrived at port as was in a convenient position to load..unbelievable…my current Cali took a year to arrive ..amazing !
It obviously jumped the que. The last I heard of ours, it had been at the port for over three weeks patiently waiting its turn to board a boat.

Back