Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Last T6.1 Ocean

They are pushing them to dealers really quickly. You might be able to pick it up in a few days.
Yeah it's kind of caught me by surprise after reading how many weeks people have waiting for shipping. Dealer said he may have it by the end of the week for collection next week :thumb

You were right - Dealer has it and I'm collecting her next Tuesday......forgot to ask if it has a "special sticker" :headbang:D

After having a confirmed order for 4 months, numerous emails and phone calls saying not to worry, even though I didn’t have a build week, I was told on Monday VW have cancelled my order.

The dealer could only offer me unallocated Californias from a list they had access to, but there was nothing acceptable.

Good news though, I found one on the VW site with a better spec than I had ordered and got it for the same price. I collect it next month.

After having a confirmed order for 4 months, numerous emails and phone calls saying not to worry, even though I didn’t have a build week, I was told on Monday VW have cancelled my order.

The dealer could only offer me unallocated Californias from a list they had access to, but there was nothing acceptable.

Good news though, I found one on the VW site with a better spec than I had ordered and got it for the same price. I collect it next month.
That sounds more like the dealer didn't put the order in correctly in the first place.

Still....I'm glad your story has a happy ending. Hope you enjoy it when you finally get it

Picked up my Ocean yesterday. Ordered 10th April. No final edition special sticker.

Picked up my Ocean yesterday. Ordered 10th April. No final edition special sticker.
Same order day as mine.....so I guess mine will be the same when I collect it on Tuesday.
Makes you wonder how many orders they actually took in the last few days!?!?

do you know what your build week was? I was talking to a dealer yesterday who said the last week of building was week 27 (no idea if that's accurate or how many Californias come out per week...almost makes me wonder if they were rushing to crank out orders in the last weeks and quality control slipped).

do you know what your build week was? I was talking to a dealer yesterday who said the last week of building was week 27 (no idea if that's accurate or how many Californias come out per week...almost makes me wonder if they were rushing to crank out orders in the last weeks and quality control slipped).
The build week was 23. I had notification in the middle of that week that it had moved to being built. Got it six weeks later. Nothing says to me that anything was rushed in building it. Bit of drilled filings inside one of the cupboards is really all that I saw going round the van in detail.

Lovely vehicle.

After quite a few years of deliberation and then having a confirmed order cancelled 5 months after making it I picked up my California Ocean this week! Thanks to Steve at VW in Preston, I managed to get one with more options than I’d originally ordered from my local dealer and he matched the price.
IMG_0461.jpeg

After quite a few years of deliberation and then having a confirmed order cancelled 5 months after making it I picked up my California Ocean this week! Thanks to Steve at VW in Preston, I managed to get one with more options than I’d originally ordered from my local dealer and he matched the price.
View attachment 127634
Nice one!
Go on - run us through the options…

Fortana Red
4 Motion
Diff lock
Hill descent control
80L tank
Sports Pack
Wooden floor
Tow bar
Shower
2nd drawer
Comfort mattress

The additional options on this one were
Art velours
Power sliding door
Discovery media pro

I had originally ordered Cherry Red, but the Fortana Red looks great, so very happy. Was well worth getting up at 5 to get the train to Preston. :):)

Fortana Red
4 Motion
Diff lock
Hill descent control
80L tank
Sports Pack
Wooden floor
Tow bar
Shower
2nd drawer
Comfort mattress

The additional options on this one were
Art velours
Power sliding door
Discovery media pro

I had originally ordered Cherry Red, but the Fortana Red looks great, so very happy. Was well worth getting up at 5 to get the train to Preston. :):)
Amazing spec, not many options unticked there!
Maybe just the speed limit recognition thingy, and Dynamic Chassis Control?
Fortana and sports pack looks tremendous

Back