Latest Bellows

johns6809

johns6809

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Very soon to take delivery of our new Cali. That is a Factory stock order presently heading to Blighty from Germany. Will this still be at risk of leaky bellows or have they been updated recently?

Given the lack of noise for quite some time on this it was fixed some time back.

Sure someone will be along in a minute to comment though so get yourself a cup of tea and a biscuit.

2023 vans had an issue, but could be cured by applying aquatex to the seams:

Took delivery of a new Ocean (dealer stock) less than a month ago and it has the 04S bellows fitted. After a night of on and off driving drizzle a lot of the fabric seemed to be saturated , and there was a lot of water ingress, such that it was pooling inside the front corners. Despite mopping up regularly with a towel, the mattress was wet and small amount of water trickled into the headlining (thankfully all dried out now). Holiday plans duly torn up, I sent the dealer some photos and they agreed to replace the bellows later in August. Question is, am I better having them replace the bellows (with the risk the replacement not being fitted as well as the factory original), treat the original 04S bellows that I have with something like Aquatex, or buying one of the supplementary waterproof covers to go over the pop-top?

IMG_5274.jpeg

Question is, am I better having them replace the bellows (with the risk the replacement not being fitted as well as the factory original), treat the original 04S bellows that I have with something like Aquatex, or buying one of the supplementary waterproof covers to go over the pop-top?

View attachment 126969

The bellows are straightforward to fit, so would get the dealer to fit the upgraded replacement. Treat the existing bellows with aquatex in the meantime.

Took delivery of a new Ocean (dealer stock) less than a month ago and it has the 04S bellows fitted. After a night of on and off driving drizzle a lot of the fabric seemed to be saturated , and there was a lot of water ingress, such that it was pooling inside the front corners. Despite mopping up regularly with a towel, the mattress was wet and small amount of water trickled into the headlining (thankfully all dried out now). Holiday plans duly torn up, I sent the dealer some photos and they agreed to replace the bellows later in August. Question is, am I better having them replace the bellows (with the risk the replacement not being fitted as well as the factory original), treat the original 04S bellows that I have with something like Aquatex, or buying one of the supplementary waterproof covers to go over the pop-top?

View attachment 126969
Report it to the VW executive office, they’ll pay for a topper.

We have just had our bellows replaced and it’s come back today. You can see The stitching holes in the photos below, not impressed

IMG_6543.jpeg

IMG_6542.jpeg

Back