Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW reference for new bellows or online shop to order?

soundsk

soundsk

VIP Member
Hi there,

The bellows on our 2007 T5 are getting weathered and I’d like to replace them.
I’ll probably have to do the job myself as my local VW dealer will probably know less than me on how to do it.

Been searching bellows related threads but I can’t find anything.

What I need to find out is the reference for the bellows, either the original T5 bellows or the new T6 bellows, if they fit. With zip in the front or not, I don’t care either way, much prefer weatherproofing.

Thanks!

Also if anyone knows of a good online shop to order from, even better.

Original will be the best option (for me it would be). T5 and T6 are the same (T5.1 that is for sure).
If you want an almost see through top, take the grey. If you want the inside of your van in red, take the red tent.
If you want darkness, take the blue one. (If they still have all those colors).
It seems they now have a tent with the complete front that can be zipped open.

What color is your California on the outside? Take a color that more or less matches the outside color.

Original will be the best option (for me it would be). T5 and T6 are the same (T5.1 that is for sure).
If you want an almost see through top, take the grey. If you want the inside of your van in red, take the red tent.
If you want darkness, take the blue one. (If they still have all those colors).
It seems they now have a tent with the complete front that can be zipped open.

What color is your California on the outside? Take a color that more or less matches the outside color.

Or Cali is grey, grey bellows.
0577B9A2-405A-4770-94FE-3F2C604C0036.jpeg

Original yes, I agree. Do you have a part reference or online shop where I can order?
Heading to my VW dealer with a part reference will eliminate 70% of the hassle. They have no experience with Cali’s!

I've had my 2012 SE changed canvas twice in a very short notice....:cool:
Having had the original 2012 canvas , a new T6 (blue)colored canvas and a new standard light grey canvas witch i'm sticking to....i can confirm the new T6 canvas fits a T5 ;)
Take a look here ,
Also a link to a place where you can order a canvas in that thread.

Having had the original 2012 canvas , a new T6 (blue)colored canvas and a new standard light grey canvas witch i'm sticking to....i can confirm the new T6 canvas fits a T5 ;)
Take a look here ,
Hi hc
How come you had them changed so many times??

@Jay17cali , if you read the linked thread you'l know ....;)
Corrosion repair and a mix-up communication....
Cost me nothing but two times driving to Holland , but for me that's not a worry . I go there just for fun @CCN Amersfoort.
Head there next week again to see the Grand California in the showroom on sale .

Take a look here ,

Grey for me as well.
I just visited the site and sent an email asking for a quote for shipping to Portugal. Driving to the Netherlands is not an option this year.
If I had a reference I could try to find it out with my VW dealer.
Having had 3 canvas, did you not get a reference for them at any time? Would be really handy.

@Jay17cali , if you read the linked thread you'l know ....;)
Corrosion repair and a mix-up communication....
Cost me nothing but two times driving to Holland , but for me that's not a worry . I go there just for fun @CCN Amersfoort.
Head there next week again to see the Grand California in the showroom on sale .
Now if your van was silver or white that blue canvas would of been an absolute bonus,
but it being brown definitely suits the grey better..love the blue bellows seen a white one in Manchester with them and think it being darker up top will help loads with the early morning light..I’m currently looking to go blue with a white van ...

@Jay17cali , i realy like the blue canvas thats why i asked them if i could get on fitted . But missus HC did not liked it so blew it off . But then CCN supprised me having fitted one....but as you say no good match with my color.
@soundsk , i never did go camping with the blue one fitted ....they asked me to think over if i wanted it and promised to changed it to a grey one if i kept it unused/clean.
I realy like the new T6 grey one , much lighter inside and a windiw in the front . Plus it has less drops of water comming thru in the poring rain. A better rainprotective fabric .

i would say you need the last one on the list that is a T6 3 window version

459Pounds+ tax how much will that be in € ?
The CCN price if fitting included , so just the canvas will be less then the 849€

@soundsk , I think the early California with roof extended is higher than later California.
I was asked which year I had when I ordered a Cali topper many years ago from a German company. Because of the two heights
SO BEWARE

@soundsk , I think the early California with roof extended is higher than later California.
I was asked which year I had when I ordered a Cali topper many years ago from a German company. Because of the two heights
SO BEWARE

Well that just threw a spanner in the works...
How can I know for sure which I should get?

I think they changed the bellows around 2007. The first had angled side windows, no?
The latest T5 and all T5.1 and T6 are the same, except for the new colors and fabric.

Well that just threw a spanner in the works...
How can I know for sure which I should get?
Normally if VW looks up your vin number, ETKA will only show what part number fits your vehicle.

Must say @johntowers46 has got a point , i also have heard about slightly diffrent roof height on the rear between older an new Cali's ....
When the roofs open the rear height differs.
Good point !

AD656E46-77A0-4824-92C8-332862B99F79.jpeg
Can any of you tell from the picture?
Not sure what you mean by angled windows.
I can measure the height at the rear of that helps.

What year is your California?
Unless someone else finds out this weekend, if you give me your VIN number, I will have a search on monday.

On the early T5´s the roof bellows changed.

Something like- 2004-2006 then 2006 and 2007, then 2008 onwards.
Is your van year a secret?

What year is your California?
Unless someone else finds out this weekend, if you give me your VIN number, I will have a search on monday.

Monday will be more than fine!
And I see what the angled means now! Our Cali is 2007, I posted a picture earlier. No front window on the canvas. I will check the VIN and send it to you! Thank you!

His first post says 2007 guys....

Back