Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW reference for new bellows or online shop to order?

On the early T5´s the roof bellows changed.

Something like- 2004-2006 then 2006 and 2007, then 2008 onwards.
Is your van year a secret?

Not a secret! :D I said in the first post it is from 2007, and posted 2 photos in subsequent replies.
If I can’t have the canvas from the t6 I’m going to be bummed out, had gotten my hopes up... :sorry

No problem, but by the look of that picture, I am almost 100% sure that the new T6 bellow will fit.
Now, you want the grey (very light inside), blue (dark), or red (red light district - a like)?

No problem, but by the look of that picture, I am almost 100% sure that the new T6 bellow will fit.
Now, you want the grey (very light inside), blue (dark), or red (red light district - a like)?

Would like a splash of colour on the outside but I prefer functionality and I like good and neutral light, so grey it is! Thanks again!

I’m going to be bummed
It´s not looking good for you.

I think if you called the guys in Holland that HC mentioned they would be able to
tell you straight and also the reason why it won't fit, if it won't.
I hope it does :thumb

Here you go. Its worth asking them.

Here you go. Its worth asking them.

Thank you!
I already sent a message to them asking if they ship to Portugal and what would be the price. If they respond I will send my VIN so they can confirm it will fit...
Also TripleBee is going to check this.
Fingers crossed!

I’m sure I’ve read on this forum somewhere that there has been a change in the support mechanism at some point, which resulted in different roof heights and/or angles. It would be nice to get a front opening one if you can.

What year is your California?
Unless someone else finds out this weekend, if you give me your VIN number, I will have a search on monday.

Tried to send you a PM with the VIN but the forum won’t let me. If you can send me a PM then perhaps I can reply?

Thank you!

Tried to send you a PM with the VIN but the forum won’t let me. If you can send me a PM then perhaps I can reply?

Thank you!
PM is only possible between VIP members and therefore not possible with TripleBee.

Thank you!
Or email me: triplebee + skynet.be

that is without spaces and without that * that I didn't type.

Thank you!
I already sent a message to them asking if they ship to Portugal and what would be the price. If they respond I will send my VIN so they can confirm it will fit...
Also TripleBee is going to check this.
Fingers crossed!
If you get the correct part number then surely you could just
order it from any VW dealer in Portugal couldn't you?
Why do you need new bellows? are they really knackered?

Your van looks cool.

If you get the correct part number then surely you could just
order it from any VW dealer in Portugal couldn't you?
Why do you need new bellows? are they really knackered?

Your van looks cool.

Yes, once I’m sure I have the correct part number and I know it fits, I can order from my dealer, if the price isn’t a rip off. But I can’t rely on them to find the proper part number, they have zero experience with Cali’s. When I ordered the bike rack I was the one that supplied the part number, and I installed it. They are a good mechanics workshop but no good with the camping side of a Cali.

As for my canvas, it has a very small tear, and the front metal ruler that makes it bend inward is a bit bent at the top. I will try and straighten it but not very optimistic. Also the fabric is starting to show signs of age. And I want to source a new one before they disappear altogether.

Just a little question. What tent do you want?
Grey? With or without front window? With or without full front opening?
Email me your VIN so I can look up the right part.

Just a little question. What tent do you want?
Grey? With or without front window? With or without full front opening?
Email me your VIN so I can look up the right part.

I just emailed you, please check if you got it.
Grey is fine, it could have front window yes, I didn’t know about full front opening, I thought there was only window or no window.
Is the full front opening safe and weatherproof?
If not just with the front window is fine.

Thank you again!

Oh, I received your email! :thumb

I will have a look at what part numbers will fit your vehicle. If they change into the newer T5.1 and T6, then the choice is open. If the part number doesn't change to the newer versions, it might be a problem to fit the newer ones, but it seems that you have a late 2007 one, so let's hope for the best.

Look down this thread to see the white/red Cali with the full opening front bellow:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-bellows-and-199ps-california-arrived.28298/#post-349317

Brilliant! Had no idea that existed, I thought that any Cali with the front window opened.
I don’t mind one way or the other, I want the front window for sure, the full opening is a nice idea and would be cool, as long as it doesn’t compromise weatherproofing.

Crossing my fingers it fits my cali!
Thanks!!

If the zip is covered well, there might be no or minimal water infiltration. If the wind blows the rain under the zip cover, then there might be more of an issue with water. I think you'd have to ask one with the full frontal zip (maybe that Belgian from the picture?) how it works out in horrible weather.
Well, that means as horrible as can be without lowering the roof of course!

If the zip is covered well, there might be no or minimal water infiltration. If the wind blows the rain under the zip cover, then there might be more of an issue with water. I think you'd have to ask one with the full frontal zip (maybe that Belgian from the picture?) how it works out in horrible weather.

Well then, if it fits, full front opening it is!
Thank you!

Kernow Transporters used to stock these and would know what would fit. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to Californias.

Kernow Transporters used to stock these and would know what would fit. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to Californias.

Thanks, I’m located in Portugal, Cali’s here are scarce, so no one has experience with them, not even the dealers. Trying to do the leg work finding what will work so then I can source it locally perhaps, or know what I need to order.

We’ll see. Once TripleBee’s precious help confirms the part number, I can begin sorting out the rest.

Well then, if it fits, full front opening it is!
Thank you!
To be fair, if it is really horrible weather it will leak to a degree regardless of whether there is a font opening or not. If I think there will be bad weather I will always pack my 'Camper Cozy' or recently I have made a wrap around for just the canvas section out of insulation that goes under a wooden floor that stops water ingress and provides a bit of insulation. I believe there are products on the market that you can buy off the shelf for this purpose. My boy's always sleep up top and we have been caught out by this. Made worse by the use of duvet's which are like a sponge!

To be fair, if it is really horrible weather it will leak to a degree regardless of whether there is a font opening or not. If I think there will be bad weather I will always pack my 'Camper Cozy' or recently I have made a wrap around for just the canvas section out of insulation that goes under a wooden floor that stops water ingress and provides a bit of insulation. I believe there are products on the market that you can buy off the shelf for this purpose. My boy's always sleep up top and we have been caught out by this. Made worse by the use of duvet's which are like a sponge!

We have a topper but we’ve only ever used it once. I have to remove the roof bars to use it, and now I have solar panels on the roof, so if I can avoid using the topper I will, even if that means lowering the roof.
Perhaps I’ll challenge my mother in law to make a bespoke topper or modify the one I have, she’s a seamstress. :happy

There are toppers with opening for solar panel, but I guess the water then just flows from the roof right under the topper, meaning the front is protected, but the back gets all the water, and that is where my canvas always gets wet the first and most, even infiltrating through the canvas into the duvet. That is why I also have a topper (from the Spanish Thaissl.com). But I don't have a solar panel, so the top of the topper is closed.

Back