Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LCD displays hook up plug icon but no voltage just dashes ?

Ok, so plot thickens...
Managed to get some 3amp fuses. Plugged one in and hey presto, the voltage display comes back, the fridge fires up and all seemingly great...
However... (you knew that was coming!) - If I try the tap then fuse blows again.
So, new problem (well i guess the original problem, but now I know it for sure), why's the tap blowing the fuse? Water ingress? Anyone had this before, what to check/where?
Thanks!

View attachment 66629
Tap or water pump blowing the fuse. Most likely water pump.

well it blows when i turn on the tap...
I do have a shower connection on the back which triggers also the pump - I'll try that and if the same i guess that will narrow it to the pump... Will let you know ;-)

Ok, tried the shower connection, this also blew the fuse, so its pointing to the pump.
Found this one on Gunzel:
Is this the only one that can be fitted?
Found this one which seems to have a higher flow rate:

Any advice on replacing the original pump?

Cheers!

Ok, tried the shower connection, this also blew the fuse, so its pointing to the pump.
Found this one on Gunzel:
Is this the only one that can be fitted?
Found this one which seems to have a higher flow rate:

Any advice on replacing the original pump?

Cheers!
The Comet pump is fine. Use a connector or splice the wires as you won't be able to use the original connector. I would suggest cut the plug off the old pump and splice the plug to the new pump wires.

The Comet pump is fine. Use a connector or splice the wires as you won't be able to use the original connector. I would suggest cut the plug off the old pump and splice the plug to the new pump wires.
Thanks, but they're both Comets...
The one from Gunzel is the one they show when you ask for T4 related parts (which seems to have a 17l/min flowrate), the other (has 20l/min)...
Any advantage to the second, or should i stick with the stock pump from Gunzel?

Cheers

Thanks, but they're both Comets...
The one from Gunzel is the one they show when you ask for T4 related parts (which seems to have a 17l/min flowrate), the other (has 20l/min)...
Any advantage to the second, or should i stick with the stock pump from Gunzel?

Cheers
Better flow, but marginal.

Presume the electrical setup would handle the load of the second one?

Presume the electrical setup would handle the load of the second one?
Well it’s widely used in the Caravan and Motorhome world without issue so I would presume so, but can’t guarantee it.

Pump replaced, problem solved (went for the like-for-like replacement in the end (Commet VIP 16l p/m).
:thumb

Back