Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Batteries Not Charging

Justinitus1972

Justinitus1972

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. I currently have a loan T6.1 Ocean from the dealer, 73 plate. I can’t get the leisure batteries to charge beyond 50%-ish (I’m looking at the blue battery IIIIII symbol on the Control Panel). Hours remaining with nothing switched on is 22h 40mins.

When I plug in to electric, the mains power symbol lights up but batteries remain the same.
When driving, even on Max Charge, they don‘t seem to charge.

My own Cali charges fine both whilst driving and on mains. Due to go away tomorrow night to a site without hookup - any pointers? Fuse? Panel Reset?

I‘m a bit stuck!

Edit: I’ve already looked through the forums and the forum search function won’t work. No manual in the van either!

Cube fuse in rear lower cupboard connects +ve rear to front batt.

inside the removable panel under the bed extension?
Yes.

But what is the voltage displayed on the Control Panel?

Don't rely on the " hrs " display it is just a calculation based on spot data. The voltage is accurate.

While checking the Cube Fuse also check that the Mains lead plug is properly connected to the charger which is above the rear Leisure Battery. A black lead with a " kettle type " plug.

IMG_1532.jpeg

Yes.

But what is the voltage displayed on the Control Panel?

Don't rely on the " hrs " display it is just a calculation based on spot data. The voltage is accurate.

While checking the Cube Fuse also check that the Mains lead plug is properly connected to the charger which is above the rear Leisure Battery. A black lead with a " kettle type " plug.
Thank u! From memory voltage was 12.2v, I’ll check again in the morning

Lastly check the 80 amp brown fuse under the front passenger seat. This is the connection from the alternator.

Thank you all for the advice. Couldn’t see an 80 amp fuse anywhere, but checked all the fuses under the passenger seat and all ok. Checked the charger plug was in but couldnt see a fuse of any sort in there (don’t want to go digging further as it’s not my van!) so possibly one duff leisure battery?

Anyway, going to manage best I can with what charge I have. Just discovered I don’t have the water filler cap key either so just off to Lidl to buy loads of bottled water!

What a kurfuffle :rolleyes:

Back