Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery Issues on T6 Cali

J

jonomate

Hi Everybody, I need some feedback on an issue I have with the Leisure Batteries.

Last year the after camping for a week or so the Fridge kept turning off, even though we were plugged in to the mains ! I checked the fuses and all seemed OK. ?

I took it to VW and they couldn't find a problem ! I got the batteries checked and they weren't that great so I replaced both them.

So this year we are back in Greece, 2 new leisure batteries on on mains power in a Campsite.

After a week the Fridge went off again and the displayed showed the batteries were at 0% !! even though were 'plugged IN' !

So after running the engine for 10minuites the batteries regained their charge and the Fridge is working again, Unfortunately this only lasts a day, and then we have to run the engine again !!

Has anybody else had this issue ? it doesn't make sense to me ??

Thanks alot

Hi Everybody, I need some feedback on an issue I have with the Leisure Batteries.

Last year the after camping for a week or so the Fridge kept turning off, even though we were plugged in to the mains ! I checked the fuses and all seemed OK. ?

I took it to VW and they couldn't find a problem ! I got the batteries checked and they weren't that great so I replaced both them.

So this year we are back in Greece, 2 new leisure batteries on on mains power in a Campsite.

After a week the Fridge went off again and the displayed showed the batteries were at 0% !! even though were 'plugged IN' !

So after running the engine for 10minuites the batteries regained their charge and the Fridge is working again, Unfortunately this only lasts a day, and then we have to run the engine again !!

Has anybody else had this issue ? it doesn't make sense to me ??

Thanks alot
It does make sense if the Mains Charger is NOT charging the Leisure Batteries.
When you run the Engine I presume you see a " G" icon in the R lower position on the Control Panel Screen?

Now, when plugged into the Mains you should see that " G " icon replaced by a " Plug " Icon. Do you have that Icon on the screen?

If NOT then despite being plugged into the mains the Charger is not charging the Batteries. This maybe because the Mains Plug to the Charger is not connected properly, a not uncommon fault.

Open the hatch to the Leisure Battery under the rear wardrobe. The Charger is positioned above the Leisure Battery and the Mains Plug to the Charger is on the L side. It is Black, similar to an electric kettle plug. Make sure it is properly seated and you should then see the " Plug " icon on the Control Panel Screen.

If this doesn't work then the Charger has probably failed.

Mains Plug

CN0227606-40.jpg

Thankyou, soooooo much !!! It seems like that may have been the problem. I unplugged the lead and then reseated it and the 'Plug' icon came up on the screen, so presumably is now charging.

Thanks a million, I really appreciate the help.

Thankyou, soooooo much !!! It seems like that may have been the problem. I unplugged the lead and then reseated it and the 'Plug' icon came up on the screen, so presumably is now charging.

Thanks a million, I really appreciate the help.
Thank you for letting us know the outcome. Enjoy your holiday.
Not an uncommon problem. Unfortunately VW do not include checks on the Habitation electrics etc: in their Pre-Delivery vehicle checks, they just check the Vehicle itself.