Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Level of Dealer Discount

S

sc52

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,

I've been given a quote from the dealer that is about 8.5% off list (new order).

As Drive the Deal no longer have the Cali listed on their site, I don't have any reference as to how much extra room there may be for negotiation.

Basic Figures for my spec -
List 58008
Quote 53058
Disc 4950

I'd appreciate it if folk can give me a idea of what level of discount I should be aiming for.

Many thanks,

Simon

I thought the window to order a T5 Cali ended on 28th Feb?

I've sort of got a place in the queue if I want it...

Normally you should be able to push to 10% by shopping around but due to the situation at the moment 8.5 is quite good.

Normally you should be able to push to 10% by shopping around but due to the situation at the moment 8.5 is quite good.
Thank you.
I'll try 10% and see where I get.
I'll report back .
Thanks

We all like a big discount. We all like to feel we have struck a good deal. Some feel a competitive urge to say "My discount is bigger than yours" ..... in a very nice way of course :oops:

I had no idea whether I got a good price, a great price or was totally ripped off. What I could establish was though that the price I paid, compared to what a three/four year old similar spec sells for, gave me a low cost of ownership for a high level of satisfaction.

Always a mute point. As Martin says, the market is slightly distorted right now. IMO 10% would be a result, 8.5% would still make me smile.

We all like a big discount. We all like to feel we have struck a good deal. Some feel a competitive urge to say "My discount is bigger than yours" ..... in a very nice way of course :oops:

I had no idea whether I got a good price, a great price or was totally ripped off. What I could establish was though that the price I paid, compared to what a three/four year old similar spec sells for, gave me a low cost of ownership for a high level of satisfaction.

Always a mute point. As Martin says, the market is slightly distorted right now. IMO 10% would be a result, 8.5% would still make me smile.

Thanks GrannyJen - Well put.

It might be worth having a look at dealer demo vans.
We got a new Cali loaded with goodies, 24 miles on the clock, been inside in the showroom for three months since being registered, discount around 18%.
I would think that dealers will be looking to get rid of demo vans now that the T6 is coming.

Or the discount may become less and prices go up as supply dries up!

You need to be careful, on % alone as some dealers discount the base price and not the factory fitted extras plus other extras look at the on the road price to make a full comparison.

Back