Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Limo tinted windows and insurance

Miles Porter

Miles Porter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
FE37E2B7-AF6E-409B-87A8-97A88D0EDF8A.jpeg
We are adding Limo tinted windows next week as the privacy glass is just not dark enough for us. As this is an extra and not factory fitted, do we need to inform our insurers (Comfort) and if so has this affected policy cost? Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

View attachment 40566
We are adding Limo tinted windows next week as the privacy glass is just not dark enough for us. As this is an extra and not factory fitted, do we need to inform our insurers (Comfort) and if so has this affected policy cost? Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks
I doubt if it would mean an increase in premium, but probably would not be covered in the event of a claim as it is technically a modification from the invoiced supplied vehicle + options.

Thanks

why not ask comfort for a definative answer

It does make it more secure in theory. Tint film will hold the glass together if smashed, won't stop determined thief obviously.
You could get a UV film on front side windows to do the same.

@Miles Porter I had limo tint added to my Cali. I notified the insurer (Comfort) who noted the modification and confirmed it does not influence premiums.

Excellent - thanks for responses. I will give comfort a call when I can- unfortunately work can sometimes restrict opportunities to ring during usual opening hours so will try at the weekend.

Excellent - thanks for responses. I will give comfort a call when I can- unfortunately work can sometimes restrict opportunities to ring during usual opening hours so will try at the weekend.

or send them an email.

I often drop them an email last thing at night and almost by first thing in the morning I've had a reply. They are normally excellent.

or send them an email.

I often drop them an email last thing at night and almost by first thing in the morning I've had a reply. They are normally excellent.

Good shout - will give it a go. :thanks

View attachment 40566
Thanks
I've added VB air suspension and that was accepted by my insurer, Safeguard. Regardind the comment about the film holding the windows together in the event of breakage, mine has laminated glass all round; don't know if that is standard.

Back