Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Privacy windows/green thermal

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Still playing with configurator.
And I'm really interested in acoustics package. It adds some width to doors, privacy glass and windshield lamination. But with this option those green thermal laminated windows become unavailable.
Does it mean they are included or you can have just 1 of those?
Thermal green or dark tinted.

Thi
Still playing with configurator.
And I'm really interested in acoustics package. It adds some width to doors, privacy glass and windshield lamination. But with this option those green thermal laminated windows become unavailable.
Does it mean they are included or you can have just 1 of those?
Thermal green or dark tinted.
think you get privacy glass once you spec laminated window shield its included in that package

Make sure you check this one out because it's still causing a lot of confusion, but the way I understand it is that laminated windscreen is standard on the Ocean and Beach.

The Laminated Windscreen Package means you get laminated cab side windows as well the privacy glass which has a 21% tint throughout the vehicle.

If you want the dark glass which is what most of us think of this privacy you must order the Privacy Glass Package which gives you the 55% for the camping area of the van

This is mine with the laminate pack. It's darker than 21% from the b pillar back IMO.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Make sure you check this one out because it's still causing a lot of confusion, but the way I understand it is that laminated windscreen is standard on the Ocean and Beach.

The Laminated Windscreen Package means you get laminated cab side windows as well the privacy glass which has a 21% tint throughout the vehicle.

If you want the dark glass which is what most of us think of this privacy you must order the Privacy Glass Package which gives you the 55% for the camping area of the van

Thanks for all of the info on this in various threads, Susibus.

Just to clarify, then you say 'Privacy Glass Package' is this the same as the line in the price list that says 'Privacy glass with heat insulation - £288' or is this something else not included on the price list yet?

This is mine with the laminate pack. It's darker than 21% from the b pillar back IMO.

View attachment 11309

I must agree with you, it looks more than 21% tint.

Below in red is the explanation we received from VW with regard to the glass pack options and which has been previously posted:

“From the different glass options only QL0 and Z2C are available on California Ocean, QL4 is standard. We do not have images yet unfortunately, but I can provide a short description. So, QL4 is standard on Ocean which is the green insulating glass in the passenger compartment. QL0 is privacy glass that also provides heat insulation like QL4 but it is further tinted so it is less see-trough. Z2C is a pack containing laminated glass for the front side windows, privacy glass for the passenger compartment, and a laminated windshield and insulated glass for the rear window. The two latter ones come as standard on a California Ocean anyway.

The story is slightly different on Beach where QL3 is standard which is green heat-insulating glass in cab and passenger compartment. As an option on Beach you can get the two packs Z2A and Z2B. Z2A contains above the already standard laminated windshield laminated privacy glass for the passenger compartment with a metal layer aiding also with noise suppression. Z2B gives you insulating green glass for the rear window and the side windows in the passenger compartment”.

I must admit this is very confusing. I have spoken to our dealer this morning because I am still totally confused, and he said that if people want dark privacy glass in the back, he has ordered QLO Privacy Glass with heat insulation.

Can anyone else post any information about what their T6 arrived with when they ordered either:

Z2C Laminated glass package in cab

or

QLO Privacy glass with heat insulation

Better still, has anyone managed to see examples of Z2C glass and QLO glass together to do a comparison?

Thanks for all of the info on this in various threads, Susibus.

Just to clarify, then you say 'Privacy Glass Package' is this the same as the line in the price list that says 'Privacy glass with heat insulation - £288' or is this something else not included on the price list yet?

Yes, I am referring to Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation.

I must agree with you, it looks more than 21% tint.

Below in red is the explanation we received from VW with regard to the glass pack options and which has been previously posted:

“From the different glass options only QL0 and Z2C are available on California Ocean, QL4 is standard. We do not have images yet unfortunately, but I can provide a short description. So, QL4 is standard on Ocean which is the green insulating glass in the passenger compartment. QL0 is privacy glass that also provides heat insulation like QL4 but it is further tinted so it is less see-trough. Z2C is a pack containing laminated glass for the front side windows, privacy glass for the passenger compartment, and a laminated windshield and insulated glass for the rear window. The two latter ones come as standard on a California Ocean anyway.

The story is slightly different on Beach where QL3 is standard which is green heat-insulating glass in cab and passenger compartment. As an option on Beach you can get the two packs Z2A and Z2B. Z2A contains above the already standard laminated windshield laminated privacy glass for the passenger compartment with a metal layer aiding also with noise suppression. Z2B gives you insulating green glass for the rear window and the side windows in the passenger compartment”.

I must admit this is very confusing. I have spoken to our dealer this morning because I am still totally confused, and he said that if people want dark privacy glass in the back, he has ordered QLO Privacy Glass with heat insulation.

Can anyone else post any information about what their T6 arrived with when they ordered either:

Z2C Laminated glass package in cab

or

QLO Privacy glass with heat insulation

Better still, has anyone managed to see examples of Z2C glass and QLO glass together to do a comparison?
There is another recent thread on the forum and the OP attached a document from VW which confirms that the laminated glass package is a darker tint in the rear but a slightly lighter tint in the front cab side windows as compared to the privacy glass option

maybe greenp can comment on his glass option?
Hi All.... I took privacy glass with heat insulation. ..... BUT in my view its not dark enough... BUT that's my view... others will differ and I respect that.... I knew what I was buying so no complaints (saw it in a T5 b4 ordering T6).... I have since had my Ocean tinted further and I'm very happy.... any more questions feel free Paul

I thought the same as greenp. It doesn't seem that private. I didn't select the privacy glass and have just the standard green heat insulating glass on order. It seemed a bit of a waste of money to pay for it twice.

I'm going to get ours done in Llumar after delivery and will get it darker than the standard privacy glass so that it's a little more private.

Hi - just wondering how people with an Ocean with the Z2C laminated glass option are finding the grade of privacy glass that comes with it in day to day use? I went for that but am thinking I may need to plan for some after market film which I'm guessing would involve taking the tall cupboard out to fit it inside? Any info / views much appreciated - thanks :)

Hi - just wondering how people with an Ocean with the Z2C laminated glass option are finding the grade of privacy glass that comes with it in day to day use? I went for that but am thinking I may need to plan for some after market film which I'm guessing would involve taking the tall cupboard out to fit it inside? Any info / views much appreciated - thanks :)
I took the privacy glass option and then decided it wasn't private enough so Ive had after market film fitted.. didn't remove tall cupboard the guys just did the small part of the window as the glass behind the cupboard is blacked out anyhow... very happy with the effect both looking from the inside and the outside !!!

I took the privacy glass option and then decided it wasn't private enough so Ive had after market film fitted.. didn't remove tall cupboard the guys just did the small part of the window as the glass behind the cupboard is blacked out anyhow... very happy with the effect both looking from the inside and the outside !!!
Thanks. Good thought about the cupboard too, keeps the job simpler. { Liking your profile pic BTW - reminds me of Majorcan training camps in my younger days :) }

Thanks. Good thought about the cupboard too, keeps the job simpler. { Liking your profile pic BTW - reminds me of Majorcan training camps in my younger days :) }
HI SD.. Thanks. That photo was Crete, but back to Majorca this year also Corsica... with bike but not the Cali... Loving the Cali as my bike bus, lots of trips planned for Cali and bike this year....by the way I went for 80% film which only let's 20% of light in... as I said very happy with the effect. ... Enjoy and best wishes Paul

HI SD.. Thanks. That photo was Crete, but back to Majorca this year also Corsica... with bike but not the Cali... Loving the Cali as my bike bus, lots of trips planned for Cali and bike this year....by the way I went for 80% film which only let's 20% of light in... as I said very happy with the effect. ... Enjoy and best wishes Paul
Thanks Paul. Good to hear that you're pleased with the 20% light transferred - that's just what I was hoping to achieve too. Anticipating a long wait for our T6 unfortunately... Very envious of your Majorca trip - viva La Calobra :)

It seems that we have a totally different system in the Canary Islands. I have my windows tinted/laminated dark behind the front windows ... BUT they don't/won't do the official VW tinting, but use a local company. I attached a photo of my T5 (to see interior & exterior visibility), very dark by my standards and perfect for privacy & the very sunny conditions here. When I ordered my T6 that just arrived, I ordered the "double thermal/acoustic glass" for the back" (I am not sure how it translates to English.). Well, after tinting it, they realized that it didn't/wouldn't tint a uniform black across all the windows, but made those windows look mirrored slightly. I have not taken it out enough to know, but it appears that those windows are harder to see through in some lighting conditions and easier in other conditions! I am not sure if I would do it again (double glass) for this reason ... and they forgot to put the rubber/plastic seal around windows after laminating on the interior & I am trying to fix that now. :(

IMGP0624.jpg

IMGP0625.jpg

Back