Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Little DIYs and hacks

No this does not need modifying in any way, but if you light the gas while it is still on the hob, the kettle boils but the rubber feet melt and you spend some time wondering where the smell is coming from, or so I have found anyway!!
Oh no, that’s for heads up, Autumn. I don’t want to add that to my list of numpty mistakes to make in a Cali!

Really enjoying everyone’s hacks and imagination.
Entertaining myself after a long journey in the heavy rain in France!!
A few hacks of ours
Using the space behind the passenger seat (seat can still turn if needed before setting up. Also holds seat in place. We have also made a surface extension which slots on top. Stores perfectly in the space at the end of the bench drawer IMG_7532.jpegIMG_7677.jpeg Next is the rear shelf. We really dislike the over engineered bulky heavy and difficult to remove and replace “thing” in the back. So we made our own. The original now has a new home in the garage. Being not of great stature we are able to shorten it, reupholster and cover in wipeable fabric. We already had the comfort mattresses. And not only do we have extra living space during the day (about 8 inches) we have a quick and simple solution for sleeping at night… and it’s comfortable! Both mattress have an envolope of waterproof terry towelling sheeting. To keep it all clean and tidy we have the same wipeable fabric which tucks in all round.
IMG_7530.jpeg Picture is in open mode to show how it slots with the back seat.