Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Living area carpets (and boot for that matter)

Please let us know what other products you would like to see as we are currently working with several manufacturers to make dedicated VW California products.

Don't worry we are NOT turning the club into a commercial operation

LickeyEndBlues said:
Martin said:
Don't worry we are NOT turning the club into a commercial operation

..... and I was starting to think you had too much time on your hands!! ;)
As Martin says we are here for the members and we will not be selling these products ourselves.
We have been listening to you and know there is a shortage of products available hopefully we can address the balance.

Heavy duty boot liner (rubber) would be useful - you could have a folding/roll up section to extend it for when the bench seat is slid forward.

I'm sure I'll think of other stuff... :lol:

LickeyEndBlues said:
KernowLad said:
Heavy duty boot liner (rubber) would be usefull
You planning on having a bath?

Aren't you?!

We do a lot of surfing, have an often wet dog, etc. Had a very heavy duty LR rubber mat in the back of the Defender and it worked a treat! Always had rubber foot mats and heavy duty boot liners fitted to all our cars - Cannon foot mats and a Hatchbag for the BM.

SimplyDubs said:
thevwcalifornia.com are very good quality, excellent value and have a wide range of colours. If I was buying now I'd take them over the brandrup

I second that, we ordered a set and they are brilliant, also they refunded us as they started a sale a few days after we ordered it, the thin strip by the door does move a bit so think the Velcro is a great idea

I maybe sense a little mischievousness going on here, please be nice

Can I ask a silly question....... when you have the mat central area with cut outs for the tracks dont they
attract stuff to go in between ... the tracks are not protected ... Morning croissant/bread dunking in coffee.
I always get shed loads of crumbs and they never stay on the table sneezing etc

Malc sounds like you need one of those bibs that turn up at the end to catch your crumbs :rofl :rofl
Seriously though the tracks have the rubber strips on to stop most stuff going into the rails I don't think it
Attracts anymore than normal. You could do what a lot of people do and that is place a cheap mat over the rails
I think wilkinsons do one with a rubber back. A magic carpet I believe it's called.
Hope this helps you

Got one but thought the carpets sounded / looked pretty good. Thanks for your suggestion of a bib .... I owe you Malc

Yes Malc. The carpets are great quality and a great price and like you say look good :thumb :thumb

Hi All, looking for simply a square rug, well, 100x95 for the living area to cover and protect rails. Has anyone found any sites selling this size in a washable mat? Thanks.

Hi All, looking for simply a square rug, well, 100x95 for the living area to cover and protect rails. Has anyone found any sites selling this size in a washable mat? Thanks.

Excuse me for asking a daft question but why do you want to cover the rails? It only means that you have to faff around uncovering them every time you want to use a downstairs bed or even just have a bit more boot space.

I want to protect the rails for dirt, scratching and getting dirt into the runner. A dirt trapping rug can easily be rolled up toward the front seats. They can also be throw into the washing machine. I've bought a used Cali and unfortunately the previous owner butchered a 2 runner set into a three runner set. However, even with those down, the bench catches on them. I just want a rug I can lay on the floor and wash when not using. I very rarely, if ever have passengers in the back. I don't want boots and bike shoes stamping on the rails.

80x100 hug rugs will do, machine washable and can be rolled up easily.

Excuse me for asking a daft question but why do you want to cover the rails? It only means that you have to faff around uncovering them every time you want to use a downstairs bed or even just have a bit more boot space.
We have two mats a larger one that fits between the rails at night and a smaller one we stash at night. Both Turtle mats, muck and water disappears into them then i lob them in the washing machine when they get bad. There have been some posts about stuff getting in the rails making the bed get stuck down. Prevention is better then cure...

We have two mats a larger one that fits between the rails at night and a smaller one we stash at night. Both Turtle mats, muck and water disappears into them then i lob them in the washing machine when they get bad. There have been some posts about stuff getting in the rails making the bed get stuck down. Prevention is better then cure...

Oh right ...

Well, If my bed gets stuck because of gunge in the rails then I would ask the auto electricians at VW technical to sort it.

They would probably instruct SMG to replace the roof :eek:

http://www.qtmdirect2u.com/

One set of Cali carpets ÂŁ100 from these guys ordered 11pm at night and arrived two days later.

I went for one better than the cheapest and all seems ok. One piece front carpet, living bit allowing seat to slide and, boot liner.

Makes it easier on the knees and cosier at night.

Colour wise I went for a mid grey which is a few shades darker than standard Cali grey.

....but the rails are still exposed. I want them covered. Might just go to a carpet wholesaler and get an offcut trimmed down to size.

....but the rails are still exposed. I want them covered. Might just go to a carpet wholesaler and get an offcut trimmed down to size.
QTM website says they are made to order. Why not just ask them if they will make a set without the rails cut out?

Malc sounds like you need one of those bibs that turn up at the end to catch your crumbs :rofl :rofl
Seriously though the tracks have the rubber strips on to stop most stuff going into the rails I don't think it
Attracts anymore than normal. You could do what a lot of people do and that is place a cheap mat over the rails
I think wilkinsons do one with a rubber back. A magic carpet I believe it's called.
Hope this helps you
Do I need help?
Our ex demo Cali came bedecked from bow to stern with charcoal coloured Brandrup carpets and jolly nice they are too. The trouble is I now find myself thinking about getting one or two of the aforementioned Magic carpets to protect the Brandrup ones in the living area!
In my defence I have always felt that the rear seat runner grooves are vulnerable to any stray grit, crumbs etc and these rubber backed magic carpets would be useful to cover these over during day time use. It wouldn't matter if they got muddy and they can easily be jet washed clean.
I have always felt that I had a touch of OCD but owning a gorgeous new Cali seems to be encouraging my OCD tendencies and leading me further astray. What with Autoglym paint, glass and interior protection, rear bumper protection, glass worktop protection, headlamp protection and don't get me started on all the clobber I have bought to wash, clean and protect the shinny new black paintwork. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I've given up.

Albert came back from France today looking as smartly attractive as a coal powered tramp steamer.

We had fun though, been to places lots of other campers can't reach, and the mud on the carpets is from some fine french vineyards.

Tomorrow he will get lots of TLC and be gleaming and ready to go again.

Do I need help?
Our ex demo Cali came bedecked from bow to stern with charcoal coloured Brandrup carpets and jolly nice they are too. The trouble is I now find myself thinking about getting one or two of the aforementioned Magic carpets to protect the Brandrup ones in the living area!
In my defence I have always felt that the rear seat runner grooves are vulnerable to any stray grit, crumbs etc and these rubber backed magic carpets would be useful to cover these over during day time use. It wouldn't matter if they got muddy and they can easily be jet washed clean.
I have always felt that I had a touch of OCD but owning a gorgeous new Cali seems to be encouraging my OCD tendencies and leading me further astray. What with Autoglym paint, glass and interior protection, rear bumper protection, glass worktop protection, headlamp protection and don't get me started on all the clobber I have bought to wash, clean and protect the shinny new black paintwork. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
But what will you buy to protect the Magic Carpets?????;);););)