Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Living area carpets (and boot for that matter)

Here is the promised photo. Just 8 euros and 30 mins work. Can create new ones quickly with this pattern now.
It is pretty thin and allows an extra mat above for dirty weather. You can see to the right between the seats how camping.de's one is thicker/higher.
IMG_6263.jpg

Made a decision a few days ago and gone for the Brandrup in Moonrock Grey. There are just the two of us responsible adults, no kids and no pets so will give it a go. If we spill to much wine or it doesn't work out then it will no doubt be the QTM carpets next time in a mid grey and we will have learnt a lesson. Time will tell. On order and they are in a race with VW.

Nb: Monster mats to cover the fronts for practical reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ridiculous how excited I was to get these. Ordered a full set of Brandrup carpets in March and they have arrived before the Cali.
Went for the Moonrock Grey and very pleased with the colour.
Hopefully they should fit, delay was the centre carpet for a 4Motion two rail.
Quality is excellent and communication with Brandrupshop.NL was excellent.
Pictures to follow but will wait until fitted. Couple of months yet.

Mike

We're another vote for QTM. We opted for pale grey (but a couple of shades darker than the palest) and it looks great. Brandrup didn't make sense to us simply because of the price - if the QTMs get trashed, we can replace without breaking the bank. I had the same concern about stuff - especially sand - going down into the rails but a trusty IKEA mat does the job.

I used a similar outfit to QTM called "Covprotec Ltd" and bought via their eBay store (search "covprotec california" on eBay) and I am really pleased with them.

Opted for the premium velour set in black with grey leatherette edging. £91 including shipping for the cab, living and boot areas.

Same principle that at this price I can replace them every few years if needs be, but so far they look pretty hardwearing and very comfy. A seasons camping will tell
8f1e475b9fddacbdf708396c19e7002d.jpg

17cb011325fedb05699614c8011b8032.jpg

3b54989d6e2844839a2dbd7205ce3e21.jpg

Chose black because I'd previously bought the step carpets from the club shop. Have to say I'm not massively impressed with these step carpets after a few months in, need to replace the simple double-sided tape to fit with Velcro)

The cab pic doesn't show it's a one-piece affair that runs between the seats also and has the correct eyelet fittings too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please with my QTMdirect2u carpet for living area at £70.

20170804_165054.jpg

Pleased with my QTMdirect2u carpet for living area at £70.

20170804_165054.jpg

Pleased with my QTMdirect2u carpet for living area at £70.

Don't know what my carpets are because they came with my van when I bought it used - they are grey and clean up very easily, even dried on mud vacuums off.

My reason for posting - I have a folding mobility scooter which just fits under the rear shelf when it's on the upper setting, but I do have a bit of difficulty pushing it under the shelf when I'm on my own, and thinking of removing the carpet from this area to make it easier.

I'm just wondering whether this is going to cause extra noise, and whether anyone else has removed carpet from this area?

Don't know what my carpets are because they came with my van when I bought it used - they are grey and clean up very easily, even dried on mud vacuums off.

My reason for posting - I have a folding mobility scooter which just fits under the rear shelf when it's on the upper setting, but I do have a bit of difficulty pushing it under the shelf when I'm on my own, and thinking of removing the carpet from this area to make it easier.

I'm just wondering whether this is going to cause extra noise, and whether anyone else has removed carpet from this area?
I don't have any carpet in the back of my Cali and I don't have any problems with noise.