Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Locking van with roof up

S

Sue Harris

Harryrm
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We made out first trip this weekend. Most things seem logical and easy to work (so far.....) but when we had the roof up and went for a walk we couldn’t lock the van using the fob.

Pressing the button did nothing so in the end we just used the key to lock it.

Are we being really stupid?

Also, make sure you disable the interior sensors or pull the top bed down before locking the van...:thumb

Does the roof fabric set off the motion sensor if left up & car locked with fob??

Does the roof fabric set off the motion sensor if left up & car locked with fob??
It can do especially if it's windy. It's always best to disable the interior and motion sensors if you're going to be away from the van.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It should lock with the fob, sounds like a door was ajar, check on the display that it can see a 5 doors and bonnet open and close. This tell you that all the door switches are working.

will double check this tonight. I'm pretty sure all the doors were locked. will report back

We have left the roof up when we leave the van but my latest insurance policy renewal states they exclude cover if the roof or windows are left open - now that may refer to a car with a sunroof but I am going to check!

We have left the roof up when we leave the van but my latest insurance policy renewal states they exclude cover if the roof or windows are left open - now that may refer to a car with a sunroof but I am going to check!
I read that clause on my LV renewal today.. need to call them to clarify.