Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for decent service for T6 pump near Rye

E

ElaineGB

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looking for honest mechanic for T6 in Kent/East Sussex border. Need pump checking/replacing and other v small jobs. Any recommendations gratefully received. Thank

The pump for my clean water system. Can’t get the tap to work. Have a few smallish jobs. Thx. Elaine

Last edited:
If the water pump isn't working it can be one of 6 things

1. Pump needs replacing - easy job- costs about 15 quid to buy one.
2. Tap micro switch - easyish if you're a watchmaker- costs pence.
3. New tap - straight replacement - easy - costs up to 30 quid.
4. A fuse - easy to replace once you find it but the fuse has blown for a reason.
5. There's no water in the tank.

So whatever it is, its quite an easy thing to sort out and it won't cost the earth. :thumb

You said 6 things :) allow me?
6. Vacuum in the tank, open cap (this assumes you can hear the pump but no water comes out of the tap)

You said 6 things :) allow me?
6. Vacuum in the tank, open cap (this assumes you can hear the pump but no water comes out of the tap)
I meant 7 or 8 :) to leave room for some additions.

These guys are good for motorhome repairs, been around for years; Based in Peacehaven (just West of Newhaven):

Edit - might be too far for you.

Thank you very much for the recommendation. Probably a bit too much of a schlepp from Tenterden but good to know as a back up.

If the water pump isn't working it can be one of 6 things

1. Pump needs replacing - easy job- costs about 15 quid to buy one.
2. Tap micro switch - easyish if you're a watchmaker- costs pence.
3. New tap - straight replacement - easy - costs up to 30 quid.
4. A fuse - easy to replace once you find it but the fuse has blown for a reason.
5. There's no water in the tank.

So whatever it is, its quite an easy thing to sort out and it won't cost the earth. :thumb
Many thanks for such a comprehensive answer. I was going to get someone to do it but with your guidance may have a go myself. Cheers. Elaine

Hi,try Marsh Motor Mechanics in New Romney ,20 mins away, maybe open tomorrow morning:)

Back