Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking to buy

C

Captpicar

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just completed a trial run in a Jobl conversion around the Norrh Coast 500 and loved it.

niw looking to get an California Ocean...

I have a question about kayaks and roof racks (is it possible?). Will post a question in the appropriate forum

Just completed a trial run in a Jobl conversion around the Norrh Coast 500 and loved it.

I have a question about kayaks and roof racks (is it possible?). Will post a question in the appropriate forum

Yes, the roof has channels so you can easily fit roofbars, then just fit a kayak attachment . Just be careful how much weight you have on the top when you raise the roof. Think 50kgs max load is the max on newer vans.

Kayaks are easy. VW sell suitable accessories and there’s always Thule.

I carry a 4.6m open canoe, which is more problematic: lifting, bike rack arrangements that sort of thing. I use a Karitek, quite industrial, have to use a tow hook mounted bike rack, be careful to avoid wing mirrors when lifting and hitting bodywork with fore and aft tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's 100kg max. 50kg limit applies if you want to also raise the roof with the load still attached.