Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loyalty Event Hereford

Calitreks

Calitreks

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all
Just for info , popped into Hereford today to sort out an issue with leisure batteries and they have an offer on until the weekend.
They have a 6.1 coast and a 6 ocean in the showroom on offer as per pic. (Sorry - only took pic of the Coast)
Maybe helpful for someone.

1322D280-C9B0-491C-840C-42732A24FACF.jpeg

A7F96185-EBF5-4788-8F33-15BBF6A6B787.jpeg

37BBAA40-9874-4382-9EF7-777E13F7762F.jpeg

I love this sort of thing. Someone seeing a deal and thinking of letting others on here know.

:thumb

With the finance contribution of 1k and the 4 year care pack, seems a pretty good deal for a van thats been out 4 weeks.

Or they saw the colour combination in the flesh and thought, ""mmm, I think we're going to struggle to shift this one..."

Whats does the loyalty bit mean
Just seems to be past customers as I was bombarded with emails and text messages.

I thought same. As the price is reduced on the windscreens they can hardly turn a new customer away so seems like a bit of marketing ploy.

I thought same. As the price is reduced on the windscreens they can hardly turn a new customer away so seems like a bit of marketing ploy.
Just designed to increase footfall and maybe hook a few customers to upgrade earlier than they might.

Just seen this Coast on Autotrader. ÂŁ52,999.
Can’t help but think that a Beach with DSG, metallic, Awning, Heated Seats, MFSW & Parking Heater would of cost around 52 /53 grand.

When you consider you get a hob, sink, fridge & control panel with the Coast, it seems very reasonable!

VW UK must be missing out on some serious profit by not selling the Beach, we’ve known all along they’ve been shortchanging us with the standard specification on the Beach for the price!

634CB26E-526C-46FD-83C1-F9D1FB0EE4EC.jpeg

That’s a good price with the options on it, best price I got for a base spec coast with a comfort sleeping mattress was 50,579 including dealer contribution and that one has upgraded sat nav, heated seats, paint, privacy glass and fog lights so is a steal!

Not wishing to start the whole Beach/Ocean c**p again but the Beach does serve a genuine multi-purpose role and is far more suited to some people who need the space and extra seating. VW are missing out on sales and customer choice is being unfairly restricted in the UK. The Ocean, Coast and Beach line up suits everyone imo.

I’ve bought it!
Key reasons are; currently have a 204 Ocean at 10 months old, but have looked closely at the 6.1. On any replacement Cali I did not want an electric roof or door, and I was really keen on a two tone. This one, at my local dealership, ticked the boxes for me: roof is simple to operate, new dash and control panel is a big step up from my Ocean, and the internal colours and new catches are nice. Got the heater, bed extension, fog lights, adaptive cruise, tinted windows and rear camera. Very happy, and there’s shortly going to be a mint 204 Ocean with 6000 on the clock available at VW Hereford!

I’ve bought it!
Key reasons are; currently have a 204 Ocean at 10 months old, but have looked closely at the 6.1. On any replacement Cali I did not want an electric roof or door, and I was really keen on a two tone. This one, at my local dealership, ticked the boxes for me: roof is simple to operate, new dash and control panel is a big step up from my Ocean, and the internal colours and new catches are nice. Got the heater, bed extension, fog lights, adaptive cruise, tinted windows and rear camera. Very happy, and there’s shortly going to be a mint 204 Ocean with 6000 on the clock available at VW Hereford!
Hi, may be a stupid question, why did you not like the electric roof on your ocean? I do like the 2 tone though.

I like my electric roof. Although I always seems to twist the nob the wrong one. Somewhat counter intuitive. I would have thought a manual roof would be harder to operate. I assume its loaded so release is easy but you would then have to pull this down and against the resistance when closing. At the same time working your way through the gap and back into the seat. I don't know how they work or how easy? But pressing a button just seems to be a lot easier.

My electric side door is reprieved. It has been faultless the last 3 years. The first 2 years were horrific

Hi, may be a stupid question, why did you not like the electric roof on your ocean? I do like the 2 tone though.
Although the van is quite new it suffered from a faulty hydraulic pump; it went in the garage to be replaced over about a week, then they said VW policy was that on replacing the pump, other components (fabric/mouldings) also had to be changed, which meant the van had to stay with them longer (I realise on such a vehicle a number of things can go wrong), however my main reason is that I’m quite happy to operate the roof and door manually. The salesman demonstrated the manual roof on the van - couldn’t be easy to operate.

I would have thought a manual roof would be harder to operate. I assume its loaded so release is easy but you would then have to pull this down and against the resistance when closing.
I find the effort required to lower the manual roof is about the same as required to open the self-closing door to the street from the building where I live. The day I can't do that, the manual roof will be the least of my worries!

Edit: the manual roof has a detention point about 7/8ths closed, so you can check the fabric and latches without holding the roof down. Then a final short pull down to close and latch.

Last edited:
I like my electric roof. Although I always seems to twist the nob the wrong one. Somewhat counter intuitive. I would have thought a manual roof would be harder to operate. I assume its loaded so release is easy but you would then have to pull this down and against the resistance when closing. At the same time working your way through the gap and back into the seat. I don't know how they work or how easy? But pressing a button just seems to be a lot easier.

My electric side door is reprieved. It has been faultless the last 3 years. The first 2 years were horrific
It’s very easy to close the manual roof. Does not take a huge amount of effort and is all done quite quickly once you have done it a couple of times.

I'm 6ft 5in and a 48in chest I find the opening and front seats a little offset.

I've only come across the problem when I have to stand up to lower the bed from the front seats and then sort of get wedged in a little as the bed comes down. I suppose if the seats are turned then access is a lot better.

Going to YouTube it.

I tend to have a fridge or bag in the middle to stop the dogs coming into the front

Truth is the best aspect of the roof on my soon-to-be Coast is the two handed pull down handle, which has coat hanger/accessories written all over it :)

I tend to have a fridge or bag in the middle to stop the dogs coming into the front
I hate to say this because I love Chris's videos, but on the Beach he forgot to tuck the fabric behind and under the seatbelt-like webbing behind the latches, as indicated in the manual, and quite likely punched micro holes in the fabric when he snapped the latches closed.