Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lubricant for rail seats?

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Which lubricant should I use to make the movement of the double seat in the back more smooth? Any suggestions?

I would be very conservative with what you decide to use as you could actually make the issue worse if the lubricant attracts dust, dirt and fluff etc.

Yes, that's why I refused to buy a can of some kind of thick oil to spray on it, this morning. So what can I use instead?

Silicone spray does not attract dust
;)

bmassaer said:
Which lubricant should I use to make the movement of the double seat in the back more smooth? Any suggestions?

Hi, I can see from your previous posts that you got your Cali about a week ago, I just thought it might be worth mentioning that the bench seat usually glides best if you are sitting on it and walking it forward or back with your feet.

Okay - I will try that funny movement first. I tried just pulling it "to me", standing in front of it. But it goes very heavy and seems to lift out of the rails. So maybe sitting on it would be a good option.
Would sillicone spray do any harm, though?

Also be sure to pull the release catch very firmly to the end of its travel- the last bit has more resistance and results in a catchy/scratchy slide if you don't fully pull it.

bmassaer said:
Okay - I will try that funny movement first. I tried just pulling it "to me", standing in front of it. But it goes very heavy and seems to lift out of the rails. So maybe sitting on it would be a good option.
Would sillicone spray do any harm, though?

I don't think it would help, just checked my Beach and I can see that the wheel spindles have been lubricated. Spraying lubricant on the track wouldn't help as the wheels are designed to turn, not slide. I think most of us have found some resistance to moving at some stage and I recall another thread on here discussing it.

Andy

Back