Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Magnetic Gas Level Indicator

Haydn

Haydn

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
IMG_20200819_090520.jpg

Hi everyone,
Are any of you using or have used these? Are they any good and should I buy one? or is there any good alternatives? I want to know how much gas I have in the bottle so I don't run out.
Thanks for your reply in advance

These magnetic level sensors are not all that correct imo , mesuring the weight is the best way to get to know how much gas is left in the botlle.

Thanks for the reply, does that mean I need to some scales with me, as I think mine are broken as they keep saying I'm heaver than I think I am
The easiest way is to get a Campigaz 904 cylinder as a spare.

The weld seams on the gas bottle prevent the magnet getting good contact so it doesn't work very well.
They may work on bigger gas bottles, but not the size that fits in the Cali gas compartment.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

How much do you use your gas? I take the bottle out once a year to see how much is left!
In the scale of my yearly camping costs the money wasted in having a bottle thats still a 1/4 full refilled early is negligible.
It would have to be a long long trip for us to use a whole bottle.

Heres a chart that @Kmann posted, very useful, thanks kmann.

Discussed before.
As the cylinder is inside the water tank a magnetic indicator is out of sight unless gaz tank first removed.

Weighing doesn't require full removal, just lift slightly with the weighing device.

Just pour hot water over the neck of the bottle and where you feel it cold is the gas level :D