Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mains Hookup Lead

John

John

VIP Member
Original post mark

Hi, I have a Cali on order and I'm looking to buy a few essential items for xmas, including the mains connection lead. Can anyone let me know what length you recommend (10m ?).

Thanks
Mark.

Original post Calikev

Hi mark that's a great question I would go for the 25 metre hook up cable
I made the mistake of buying the 10 metre but found its not long enough
As sometimes on site you have 2 hook ups on the same post and you have to park a fair way away. If you park close to the hook up just make sure that you uncoil it fully as it can get hot
I hope this helps

I agree with Kev go for a 25m 20amp cable you will find you will have occasions on sites when you need that extra length.

Two other things to consider.

On some Continental sites they reverse the polarity. If you plan to take your Cali to Europe try eBay where you can buy kits that have a polarity checker and a short polarity reversing lead if you need it.

Also you will want to plug your Cali into your mains at home to top up the battery's. It is easy to make up a short adapter lead to connect your hookup lead to a normal 3pin mains plug. You can also buy these on eBay.

Hope this helps

Original post johntowers46

I had a 25m cable supplied with my 2006 cali, it is also cheaper to make up your own extra cables.

Original post Barry

I'd definitely go for the 25m. There will be quite a few UK sites where 10m will not be enough and many European sites where it won't be.

This is all especially true if you want the options of several different positions on your pitch.

I bought a 10m one and then found I needed a 20m one. I wonder if there's a connector I could buy so I had a 30m one

Original post andy

If you connect two leads make sure to the join doesn't get wet. Sit join on a brick & cover with bucket should keep it dry.

Original post Barry

doh! I must have been stupid not to have realised this ...