Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Making downstairs bed in 5 + 2 configuration

Yes, seats being done Wednesday to Friday.

Costly? All depends. Most firms will charge between 1 and 2 grand....

Let us see how it turns out. Personally, not only do I not like the dark fabric we have it is a magnet for dirt.
Okay good luck. I'm going to look into options..

Okay good luck. I'm going to look into options..

Onc done, I shall put up some pics and if a decent job, add their direct details here.

Remarkably they offered to pick up our seats, transport them, then bring them back 2 days later. Saves me a trip. Downside is that if I were to drive up myself they were going to do the door panels as well. For same cost.

I did not want to give the firm's name before quality of work is verified, plus would want to check with them before putting their prices here. However, I think I should be able to do that by weekend.

They basically had a huge list of options including styles and colours to choose from.

Onc done, I shall put up some pics and if a decent job, add their direct details here.

Remarkably they offered to pick up our seats, transport them, then bring them back 2 days later. Saves me a trip. Downside is that if I were to drive up myself they were going to do the door panels as well. For same cost.

I did not want to give the firm's name before quality of work is verified, plus would want to check with them before putting their prices here. However, I think I should be able to do that by weekend.

They basically had a huge list of options including styles and colours to choose from.
I'll definitely be waiting with interest..

The beach handbook includes a section on how to make the bed with the 2extra seats in place-and WITH the multiplex board.

You can fold the 3 seat bench forward into table mode instead of folding it down into a bed. Then fold the two 2nd row seats forward and back them up to the bench. Extend the comfort mattress over the multiflex, the folded bench and the folded seats. That leaves plenty of floor room to change clothes, etc.

Hat tip to @Amarillo

Back