Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual Roof available in France

2CV67

2CV67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Idly browsing the French California Configurator, I was surprised to see there is a new version, the Trendline.

Seems to be basically your SE (our Comfortline) but with a MANUAL roof.

Loses some other stuff like double glazing.
Stationary heater becomes an option, etc etc.
€6000 cheaper.

http://www.volkswagen-utilitaires.fr/fr/cc5.html

No sign of this in UK?

I would certainly have gone for this one if it had been available last year!

I think this is very right step for VW to offer manual roof in SE, or Comfortline, not only in the Beach.
The drawback of the Trendline version is that they only offer 2 engines and no 4WD at all :(.

Thats great. Hopefully they'll start offering it everywhere. But personally I would want the opposite, a beach with electric roof and double glass, two options you cannot take today. Electric roof because only that one stays up with a roof box 50kg and double glass for our winter plans.

zeratul said:
Thats great. Hopefully they'll start offering it everywhere. But personally I would want the opposite, a beach with electric roof and double glass, two options you cannot take today. Electric roof because only that one stays up with a roof box 50kg and double glass for our winter plans.

You can have Beach with double glass, at least in France.

Just looked in the french options list, "double vitrage" is not an option for the beach, only comfortline and edition (which is a comfortline edition in germany). But it is in the new car configurator - interesting.

This trendline version is also only visible in the car configurator, no other mentions on the website about it except there. An accidental early release?

zeratul said:
Just looked in the french options list, "double vitrage" is not an option for the beach, only comfortline and edition (which is a comfortline edition in germany). But it is in the new car configurator - interesting.

This trendline version is also only visible in the car configurator, no other mentions on the website about it except there. An accidental early release?

Yes, there is double glaze 795 Euros:

Double vitrage (vert) dans le compartiment de charge/passagers
795,00 €
Lunette arrière (double vitrage) avec essuie-glace/lave-glace de lunette arrière, non dégivrante
Verre athermique (vert) dans la cabine et double vitrage (vert) dans le compartiment de charge/passagers

I have chosen the 4WD 140ch version, perhaps it is not in the low power engines?

I was refering to the technical specification document, where there are no bullets for beach.

zeratul said:
I was refering to the technical specification document, where there are no bullets for beach.

In fact it is there in the Beach configurator. But it does not mean it is in reality. I find the California configurator full of bugs. I cannot imagine how such a relatively simple piece of software, involving hefty serious money, can be so much unreliable,

The manual roof option would be great. An electric roof is about as necessary as headlights on a cow.

My old manual T4 California roof was so much quicker and easier to pop up or down and the only part that could go wrong was the Golf Mk 4 bonnet catch used to secure it, at a cost of £10 to replace.

It seems the 50 cali's are sold out already. No longer in the configurator.

How to sell 50 expensive campervans in 2 weeks?
dowgrade the complexity of it and reduce the price... :mrgreen:

Back