Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress topper

Coral65

Coral65

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Had our Ocean a few weeks now but not had chance to go away overnight yet but hoping we can get away next weekend. Need a mattress topper though and really can’t decide, the Zonesleep appears to take up the least storage space and generally gets good reviews although a few say it’s still quite hard, the duvalay sounds a bit more padded but takes up a lot of room. We hired a T6 a few months ago and the bed was so hard so need something comfortable, any advice please?

Not sure where you are but what about a day trip over to the club shop in chesterfield. If you call them first you may get hands on look at the comforts and the zonesleep and maybe even a peek at the new thicker mattress....oh and off course the bradurup.

We were lucky enough to get to the open day. We had hired and knew the standard wasn’t going to be enough. Having looked ant the comforts etc we decided the zonesleep wasn’t going to be thick enough so went for the comforts topper. If required we can add an extra topper if needed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sad
We have the Comfortz memory foam topper with the zonesleep topper to top it off... Lots of topping I find very comfortable...

Not sure where you are but what about a day trip over to the club shop in chesterfield. If you call them first you may get hands on look at the comforts and the zonesleep and maybe even a peek at the new thicker mattress....oh and off course the bradurup.

We were lucky enough to get to the open day. We had hired and knew the standard wasn’t going to be enough. Having looked ant the comforts etc we decided the zonesleep wasn’t going to be thick enough so went for the comforts topper. If required we can add an extra topper if needed.
Absolutely agree if you can try before you buy will save alot of back and forth trying to find what works for you...

We have the Comfortz memory foam topper with the zonesleep topper to top it off... Lots of topping I find very comfortable...
Thanks for the info - will have a look at the Comfortz.

I suppose it would be a good idea to visit the shop but we had planned on travelling south from Birmingham at the weekend but really don’t want to go without a topper as we don’t want to spoil our first overnight trip, will maybe see if there is a decent site nr Chesterfield instead. Thanks for all the advice, really helpful.

I would also highly recommend a day trip to the club shop, it may be a long journey for some folk but it is worth it being able to test out all the accessories before you part with hard earned cash.

We also have a Zonesleep on top of the VW Comfort mattress and it is extremely comfortable however we wish we had waited for the new zonesleep as mentioned above.

I haven't checked the sizes available but it might be worth looking at self inflating camping beds/mattresses.

Single and double sizes available prices range from £10 to £60. 5 & 10cm thicknesses available.

Negative being rolling up if used in lower bed on a daily basis.

Back