Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Me Again! Fresh Water Tank issue

robertpr

robertpr

New but committed
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,

On our first night in Cali! Love it already.

One slight issue - there's fresh water steadily dripping out. I've checked the red lever by the gas is properly closed and there's nothing else I can think of!!

Is this a return to dealer issue??!?

Thanks

Is it all the time or just when the tank is full or recently filled....or driving with a full tank ( than it could be the overspill or how you say it in propper Englisch...)
I had a problem with my fresh water tank when the Cali was brand new , if it is stil leaking when the tank is over the half it can not be the same problem , it was a problem on the intake...so keep an eye on it and keep us posted.
If it leaks from below on the tank or the draintap you surley must spot it , maybe after removing the undertray ...but if its new and warrenty , just go to the dealer.

Hi Robert,

Could be one of two issues I think.

The filler in the body is connected to the tank via a short piece of flexible pipe which is fixed with Jubilee clips on each end. The tank end could be loose allowing water to spill out when driving and then drip from a puddle at the van body.

The other may be, and possibly more likely, the drain valve is faulty and seeping.

Either way these are difficult to get to, so if your van in still under warranty, take it back to a Cali knowledgeable dealer.

Alan

Hi,

It's below the tank. It is brand new so I'll pipp it back.

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Could be one of two issues I think.

The filler in the body is connected to the tank via a short piece of flexible pipe which is fixed with Jubilee clips on each end. The tank end could be loose allowing water to spill out when driving and then drip from a puddle at the van body.

The other may be, and possibly more likely, the drain valve is faulty and seeping.

Thanks Alan, I'll do that.

I'm out on the road with my Cali after the winter and got some serious leaking problem. Last year I had problems with water dripping slowly from the drain valve, but right now it only takes approx 12 hours until a full tank of fresh water is an empty tank. Very annoying.

Is it possible to reach the tank from underneath the car or do I have to remove almost everything inside my car to reach the tank to replace the faulty part?

My car is not under warranty.

Blue Skies,
/David

Back