Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Meanwhile in Germany; that round sticker at the back.

I tried to make a point that is possibly the opposite of what you understood it to be. No matter, but just to be clear, I wasn't attempting a UK - EU discussion. If you look carefully at my profile you will see Switzerland.
Very well, then I misunderstood. Well, then it's for the other posts in that direction.
I'm leaving for Switzerland in 3 weeks, I'm curious: it will be a discovery for me.

I for one am glad to have the headsup with my German registered Coast. No idea where to go to get the check but over a year to find out.

On June 19, 2024, the new Section 60 of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO) (https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stvzo_2012/__60.html) was announced in the Federal Law Gazette (BGBl. 2024 I No. 191 of June 19, 2024), which now contains clear specifications for the testing of LPG systems in vehicles.
I may be misunderstanding but an LPG system is something else than a 907 campingaz bottle ??? That is filled with Butane....
And as mentioned before, only for German registered vehicles

Maybe because Gemany is a sovereign state that are able to regulate its own territory. I don't live in the EU, but I struggle with the logic that says Germany passed a law that doesn't make much sense and the EU is inefficient because they didn't impose a similar useless regulation on all of the union and therefore we want out so that Germany gets to make its own regulations?
I think you didn't read my post correctly. I actually find the check useful, so that an old rubber pipe might be forced to be replaced once too old. On the other hand there doesn't seem to be any statistic indicating a worrying number of gas-MH-System related camping incidents.
"Wanting out" would make no difference to Germany's willingness to produce regulations. The opposite is instead true, which is what I said, laws passed at state level rather than EU , that also affect other EU citizens while travelling withing the EU might show the weakness of the EU institution in its current working. Disappointment, unhappiness with the EU inefficiency might cause people to want out.
To Calibusje, unfortunately it takes a huge amount of time for laws to be approved by an ever increasing number of states forming the EU: decades. Example: law amendment to allow people with driving license B to drive Motorhomes with gross weight up to 4,25t (instead of current 3,5t): initial discussion 10 years ago, approved 2 weeks ago to come into effect 2028....

To Calibusje, unfortunately it takes a huge amount of time for laws to be approved by an ever increasing number of states forming the EU: decades. Example: law amendment to allow people with driving license B to drive Motorhomes with gross weight up to 4,25t (instead of current 3,5t): initial discussion 10 years ago, approved 2 weeks ago to come into effect 2028....
Indeed, I completely agree; I work daily with Belgian legislation and regulations and European treaties, regulations, directives, decisions, recommendations, advice and more.

I may be misunderstanding but an LPG system is something else than a 907 campingaz bottle ??? That is filled with Butane....
And as mentioned before, only for German registered vehicles
I am learning: according to wikipedia butane and propane are a form of LPG !
Knowing the number of mobilhomes this applies to there will be a problem to get it checked in time.. Let us hope VW garage will do it in future during service. What if you use a burner with small screw type gas bottle 200g, 500 g or a cadac or alike ?

Last edited:
I am learning: according to wikipedia butane and propane are a form of LPG !
Knowing the number of mobilhomes this applies to there will be a problem to get it checked in time.. Let us hope VW garage will do it in future during service. What if you use a burner with small screw type gas bottle 200g, 500 g or a cadac or alike ?
a portable burner would not be installed in a MH , so it doesn't apply

I don’t have any gas at home.
Like many things I suppose, it could fail an hour after inspection, but given how deadly gas can be, I’d appreciate it being inspected sometimes.
You don’t hear of many accidents though…
Vwcampersales offer it. I thought about it and decided not to bother. Do it if you’re worried.

I have my boiler serviced every year and twice the engineer broke it. I tend to think well made stuff is best left alone. The gas bottle is in a sealed plastic box with a hole at the bottom for any gas leaking to escape outside the van. It’s a clever design. The smell is added to help you smell leaks.
There are two 35 year old T25 campers on my road. How old is that rubber tubing!?

Back