Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Meet Soazic. French spec Coast 4MO

CaliAzur

CaliAzur

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
So! At last we have her. We picked up Soazic last night. Here are some first pictures, and I will send more next week once we are on holiday and she is popped up with the awning out and what not :thumb

Soazic is a French spec VW California Coast 4Motion in Ascot Grey, and her owner is over the moon and ready to share many adventures to come!

FEAF524F-4379-4491-B063-22841D86929B.jpeg

466DFBF4-BE04-4F69-BA52-8880F6E86B4B.jpeg

F470E98D-76F5-4867-B355-706BD10719D4.jpeg

135A069A-FF93-4D2E-BAE8-B1B913749B08.jpeg

04529BF3-414E-4343-AD4F-5FF759DE6A1D.jpeg

F6688703-EA56-45A6-B3DE-DD44ADB04F3C.jpeg

4067E777-8412-417A-A2C1-7FFFC4B0BDC3.jpeg

6C672AEE-897D-4241-80BD-53C6F760E172.jpeg

E6F0B7D7-6A23-4C77-950C-51663A00D81F.jpeg

6FE2EF13-A258-4B8D-934E-4CB9A18D3304.jpeg

Awe sorry about that lol. I hesitated on a cherry red 4 motion edition that was available and in stock at another garage when I ordered this. I still have a weakness for the cherry red, which has a retro vibe too, but it had digital cockpit and I wanted traditional dials. I have no regrets, but have seen your cherry red version, and you should not regret it at all, it’s gorgeous. Personally, I actually wanted Acapulco Blue, but they stopped that color at the T6 it seems.

For anyone picking up a new or second hand Cali, and never having owned one like us, patience … for example if you fill the water tank for the first time and it leaks all over, no it’s not necessarily cracked. We had no idea there was a valve to empty the clean water tank in addition to the Grey water tank :oops:. We spent an hour cursing Soazic, couldn’t find the right section to deal with our problem in the manual, and so checked YouTube. Thanks to California Chris, we found the clean water valve and a solution ;). He seriously should be promoted to head of consumer communications UK for the California… thanks Chris!

First ever night in Soazic and a VW California ever on Rhe Island. Breakfast time after a breezy and chilly night, sleeping downstairs tonight, wuss style.

View attachment 84720

View attachment 84721

View attachment 84722
Hi @CaliAzur A good investment for those chilly nights is a pop-top screen. We have one from Darren Puzer. Used it twice and it works really well.

When you say Rhe island was that a typo? ‘The’ Anyway where is that? Ile de Rei? Only asking because we’re planning a trip there.

C531079E-02A2-4FC5-BF43-6C481E6CA6FB.png

Last edited:
Very nice and exciting to see your pics as this is the same spec/colour that is on my order. Also it's been years since I visited the Isle de Rhe with many happy memories. Have fun with it!

Hi @CaliAzur A good investment for those chilly nights is a pop-top screen. We have one from Darren Puzer. Used it twice and it works really well.

When you say Rhe island was that a typo? ‘The’ Anyway where is that? Ile de Rei? Only asking because we’re planning a trip there.

View attachment 84724
Thanks for the recommendation, I will take a look at that screen. In French it’s ´Ile de Rè

View attachment 84724
Hi there, we are on the,

Île de Ré, Charentes Maritimes.​

It’s gorgeous, however to be avoided during summer holidays when the schools are off. We are on a camp site near Phare Des Baleines, so literally plunged into the Atlantic Ocean. If you come, bring your bikes if you can, the whole island is crisscrossed with cycle paths. The Ocean is literally a 100 feet or so behind Soazic.

Thanks for the screen recommendation, as this is our first ever Cali and van trip, we are preparing a list of missing items lol ;), this needs to be added along with a few other things that are becoming ‘so obvious’ now we are here lol.

All the best

Thanks for the recommendation, I will take a look at that screen. In French it’s ´Ile de Rè

Hi there, we are on the,

Île de Ré, Charentes Maritimes.​

It’s gorgeous, however to be avoided during summer holidays when the schools are off. We are on a camp site near Phare Des Baleines, so literally plunged into the Atlantic Ocean. If you come, bring your bikes if you can, the whole island is crisscrossed with cycle paths. The Ocean is literally a 100 feet or so behind Soazic.

Thanks for the screen recommendation, as this is our first ever Cali and van trip, we are preparing a list of missing items lol ;), this needs to be added along with a few other things that are becoming ‘so obvious’ now we are here lol.

All the best
The tourist office sent me a guide today which is very useful.

B49684F5-8F02-4F16-BE1C-40F456351CAE.png