Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Magnetic 3M flowery decals?! A true masculine bearded swamper driver would put those on with 3M tape.
Talk me through the ease of adhesion & removal for this example.

I’m thinking of something that I can apply for a week/weekend to keep the princess happy with pink & purple. And make my daughter smile…

Then when I return to my alter ego and shave with an axe and cook with my bare hands on an open fire

Wow, didn’t expect the fixing methods of flower decals to be this morning’s swamper thread discussion topic! @JuanVecino2023 this is a shameful deviation of a once great thread and I implore you to reconsider such scandalous postings in the future. These questions are better served on the Hobbycraft or Blue Peter forums.

Last edited:
Wow, didn’t expect the fixing methods of flower decals to be this morning’s swamper thread discussion topic! @JuanVecino2023 this is a shameful deviation of a once great thread and I implore you to reconsider such
scandalous postings in the future. These questions are better served on the Hobbycraft or Blue Peter forums.
I like to think of it more as Ed Norton channelling his nesting instincts through the Ikea catalogue, whilst orchestrating Project Mayhem.

I am Jon’s burning sense of floral shame.

I like to think of it more as Ed Norton channelling his nesting instincts through the Ikea catalogue, whilst orchestrating Project Mayhem.

I am Jon’s burning sense of floral shame.
I’m sorry but only flowers hand whittled over a camp fire from oak, elm or willow are acceptable on this thread. Cherry or pear wood is too effete but walnut is tolerable at a push. They can be adhered to the van using a paste made from pine resin and birch sap.

Obviously whatever your wood of choice it must be taken from dead trees only, we may value manly pursuits on here but we aren’t barbarians.

Talk me through the ease of adhesion & removal for this example.

I’m thinking of something that I can apply for a week/weekend to keep the princess happy with pink & purple. And make my daughter smile…

Then when I return to my alter ego and shave with an axe and cook with my bare hands on an open fire
Ease? Thats the point - real swampers are committed individuals not worried about street cred. :D I mean, if you're not willing to commit... :D

I’m sorry but only flowers hand whittled over a camp fire from oak, elm or willow are acceptable on this thread. Cherry or pear wood is too effete but walnut is tolerable at a push. They can be adhered to the van using a paste made from pine resin and birch sap.

Obviously whatever your wood of choice it must be taken from dead trees only, we may value manly pursuits on here but we aren’t barbarians.
And use of Balsa wood is tantamount to Heresy, punishable by a thorough beating with the comfy cushion.

And use of Balsa wood is tantamount to Heresy, punishable by a thorough beating with the comfy cushion.
Right, in addition to swamp accoutrements, lift kits, A/T tyres, Dakar spec wheels, portable (sustainable, naturally), on board power stations and Scandinavian BBQs.

I have now sourced a small roastery and £300 hand grinder to ensure my coffees meet cupping standards while camping.

I’ve now added a hardwood woodland to the shopping list, to ensure all my logs are sustainably sourced, and booked another green wood woodworking course so I can hand make all my tables and benches for camping and indeed ornaments for the van.

I’ve concluded that swamping is more expensive than pimping my ride with garish gold wheels and jewel encrusted decor with 6 PS4s and a 2,000 W sound system,

Forget Xibit and Pimp My Ride. We need some hipster and Swamp My Ride.

Last edited:
Right, in addition to swamp accoutrements, lift kits, A/T tyres, Dakar spec wheels, portable (sustainable, naturally), on board power stations and Scandinavian BBQs.

I have now sourced a small roastery and £300 hand grinder to ensure my coffees meet cupping standards while camping.

I’ve now added a hardwood woodland to the shopping list, to ensure all my logs are sustainably sourced, and booked another green wood woodworking course so I can hand make all my tables and benches for camping and indeed ornaments for the van.

I’ve concluded that swamping is more expensive than pumping my ride with garish gold wheels and jewel encrusted decor with 6 PS4s and a 2,000 W sound system,

Forget Xibit and Pimp My Ride. We need some hipster and Swamp My Ride.
Sounds like a perfect time to put a TV in my mudflaps.

Swamp my ride.
Exactly this…

Really like them but I recall a few owners were suffering from corrosion issues with the Holeshots. Put me off them in the end.

IMG_2542.jpeg

Ps was that the pic of the Cali in the thick snow and ice? Not a flower decal or coffee grinder in sight :D

Last edited:
In an utterly transparent attempt to regain my lost name. What is the feeling on KMC Holeshots?

My mate recommended them awhile ago. Just spotted some on the FB group and through they look quite sharp.

You can’t fit any flower decals on them so they probably wouldn’t work for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a perfect time to put a TV in my mudflaps.

You can’t fit any flower decals on them so they probably wouldn’t work for you

I explained to my daughter earlier that her stated desire for purple decals for the van had cost me dearly. She laughed.

I took her down down to the woods with a Bowie knife and told her she could come home when she had made a shelter and caught us dinner.

Whoever breaks first wins.

Really like them but I recall a few owners were suffering from corrosion issues with the Holeshots. Put me off them in the end.

View attachment 117919

Ps was that the pic of the Cali in the thick snow and ice? Not a flower decal or coffee grinder in sight :D
The very one. Proper Icelandic Viking. He’s probably fermenting shark and gargling vodka.

The savage wouldn’t know his single estate Civet beans from a Costa.

And I’ll bet my beard is better groomed and my mystic Icelandic symbol tattoos trump his.

We’ve had 17 flakes of snow here in Hampshire so I’ve put the recovery boards on…

I saw the flurries on the News at 6. Counted 20 flakes. Are you sure you want to take the Cali out of the climate controlled garage. Can't be too careful.

I saw the flurries on the News at 6. Counted 20 flakes. Are you sure you want to take the Cali out of the climate controlled garage. Can't be too careful.
There’s more now, if it gets to 50 flakes I’m going to have to mount my shovel on the roof too. I’m not taking any chances.

I’m getting some underbody protection next week, I’m thinking I might need a winch too…

There’s more now, if it gets to 50 flakes I’m going to have to mount my shovel on the roof too. I’m not taking any chances.

I’m getting some underbody protection next week, I’m thinking I might need a winch too…
Belt and braces. You know it makes sense.

So that was a dumb post. I thought my Swamper costs had spiralled.

Now I am in for another £2k to have a coffee in the woods.

I could stay at the Shangri La for the rest of my days for what a couple of bangers round a campfire in a tin can are costing me.
£46. Job done. Amazing crema.

IMG_0262.jpeg