Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Sadly quiet on this once lively thread. I had hoped the nanometer of snow and subzero temperatures would bring out tales of man vs wild.

The Ocean goes into build next week. Looks like I’ll drop a couple of grand on winter kit just in time for spring

Sadly quiet on this once lively thread. I had hoped the nanometer of snow and subzero temperatures would bring out tales of man vs wild.

The Ocean goes into build next week. Looks like I’ll drop a couple of grand on winter kit just in time for spring
You did this to it, blood on your hands :D

Decided on wheels yet?

Great news that your Cali is in build, plenty of time to order the wheels, ladder, coffee gear, whittle some flowers and of course the tarpaulin the cover the leaky roof…

I’m planning on trying to find some wintery conditions next weekend while Ms Wildslamm is in Spain. Just me, the Swamper & the dog.

Oh and a fridge full of beer and bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of us have to work ya knaa

You did this to it, blood on your hands :D

Decided on wheels yet?
I’m trying to repent

I’m really sold on the look of those Fuel alloys I sent from FB. Which of course were a scam. It makes me chuckle playing the fool while they think they have me on the hook.

It’ll either be a set of the Fuels or some black modular steels.

Though one set as a compromise were some Rhino alloys I spotted. Look a bit like modular steels.

I’ll send pics for discussion

Great news that your Cali is in build, plenty of time to order the wheels, ladder, coffee gear, whittle some flowers and of course the tarpaulin the cover the leaky roof…

I’m planning on trying to find some wintery conditions next weekend while Ms Wildslamm is in Spain. Just me, the Swamper & the dog.

Oh and a fridge full of beer and bacon.

I dream of the day I can be away ‘on business’ in the van. Sorry wife, work is slammmed. Going to have to stay at the office tonight.

Cue beers in Cali fridge, Netflix and a bacon butty. It’s kind of work if the laptop is open, surely?

I’m trying to repent

I’m really sold on the look of those Fuel alloys I sent from FB. Which of course were a scam. It makes me chuckle playing the fool while they think they have me on the hook.

It’ll either be a set of the Fuels or some black modular steels.

Though one set as a compromise were some Rhino alloys I spotted. Look a bit like modular steels.

I’ll send pics for discussion
Black Rhino Units? They’re on my list as well, they look cool but you really need a proper AT tyre to make them pop I think.

IMG_1922.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

Extraordinary.

I’m in paralysis by analysis territory now, thought I’d locked down the tyres at least but even with those I’m back to looking at Grabber AT3s, Michelin Lattitude Cross and Cross Climate 2s. Get the feeling I’ll only pull the trigger when I see some wheels I like that are on sale and too good to refuse.

They’re not for me but these Black Rhino Yorks are going for a good price (in comparison to other sellers) in case anyone’s interested:

I’m in paralysis by analysis territory now, thought I’d locked down the tyres at least but even with those I’m back to looking at Grabber AT3s, Michelin Lattitude Cross and Cross Climate 2s. Get the feeling I’ll only pull the trigger when I see some wheels I like that are on sale and too good to refuse.

They’re not for me but these Black Rhino Yorks are going for a good price (in comparison to other sellers) in case anyone’s interested:

Have you considered the BFG Trail Terrain? I’ve no personal experience with them but they seem like a decent compromise and still three peak rated.

I’m still keen on the Falken Wildpeaks.

Anyone here run a set?