Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Is your van Pure Grey? Lovely colour, is it easy to keep clean?
Lovely Pure Grey should be the official colour name.
love it!
I was tempted by the AG, but didn't come with the Edition pack, which is great value.
no regrets anyway.
yes, easy to keep clean if you wash the van, even dirty looks great, more swamper...
seriously now, it keeps much better than black or any metallic dark shade.

love it!
I was tempted by the AG, but didn't come with the Edition pack, which is great value.
no regrets anyway.
yes, easy to keep clean if you wash the van, even dirty looks great, more swamper...
Pure Grey is a great colour. Shame VW don’t offer it here. I went Ascot Grey as next best option. Nice and cheap too

Saw a two tone on the FB thread which looked cool. Is it silver over PG?

IMG_0904.jpeg

love it!
no regrets anyway.

Yep, mine is two tone metallic black/indium grey and a nightmare to keep clean so I’ve given up trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure Grey is a great colour. Shame VW don’t offer it here. I went Ascot Grey as next best option. Nice and cheap too

Saw a two tone on the FB thread which looked cool. Is it silver over PG?

View attachment 118166
it is silver/indium grey, there was a 2 tone option on T6, not any more on T6.1.
PG was also a no cost option, but only coming with Edition Pack.
couldn't imagine why Edition haven't been available in UK.
AG is great colour too, having even more contrast with gloss black of B pillars and mirrors than PG.

Yep, mine is two tone metallic black/indium grey and a nightmare to keep clean so I’ve given up trying!

I loved Black/IG, but not an option anymore when I ordered mine, seems I got lucky saving some quids on washing.

it is silver/indium grey, there was a 2 tone option on T6, not any more on T6.1.
PG was also a no cost option, but only coming with Edition Pack.
couldn't imagine why Edition haven't been available in UK.
AG is great colour too, having even more contrast with gloss black of B pillars and mirrors than PG.
I’ve seen Mojave Beige over Black as well which looks interesting.

if I were VW chief colourist, i would use AG as main top shade instead of Candy White.
I can imagine great combos with greys, bronze, dark blue or even black at bottom.
but I'm not...
That was the other part of my rationale for ordering AG. I figured I could spray or wrap a two tone if/when I get bored.

swamper pandemic outbreak symptoms:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0CNQ539QF/
what do you folks think about it?

I have two of the smaller ones on which I mount recovery boards and hang my trasheroo, wood sack etc from whilst in camp. I bought them from Gruenthal but they look exactly the same so probably a generic item being resold by other suppliers. The quality of mine is really good which suggests German made and it came with hardware to mount to a Thule VW bike rack.

The large one mounted on a black bike rack would add to the Swamper vibe and add a bit of utility. The molle boards are compatible with airline track fittings so very versatile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have two of the smaller ones on which I mount recovery boards and hang my trasheroo, wood sack etc from whilst in camp. I bought them from Gruenthal but they look exactly the same so probably a generic item being resold by other suppliers. The quality of mine is really good which suggests German made and it came with hardware to mount to a Thule VW bike rack.

The large one mounted on a black bike rack would add to the Swamper vibe and add a bit of utility. The molle boards are compatible with airline track fittings so very versatile.

I think Mixcover in DE is producing 040 Parts, which are decent Camping Zubehor for Cali.
you can check their site mixcover.de, I have bought from them the shoebox, cheaper than elsewhere and good quality.
do you mean the smaller MOLLE can be also mounted on the bike rack?

I think Mixcover in DE is producing 040 Parts, which are decent Camping Zubehor for Cali.
you can check their site mixcover.de, I have bought from them the shoebox, cheaper than elsewhere and good quality.
do you mean the smaller MOLLE can be also mounted on the bike rack?

Yes the gruenthal one can (see picture) but the molle board is separate
f13284d881044cfbdfc0efdd9b89d34f.jpg

from the airline tracks, it’s not clear from the picture if the mixcover one is a single unit?

Yes the gruenthal one can (see picture) but the molle board is separate
f13284d881044cfbdfc0efdd9b89d34f.jpg

from the airline tracks, it’s not clear from the picture if the mixcover one is a single unit?

I was thinking about making a hinged plate that fastens to the front runner rear ladder, things like a pel box ,extra water, maxtracks etc could then be attached.Front runner do attachment plates that could be bolted on to the hinged plate.

I was thinking about making a hinged plate that fastens to the front runner rear ladder, things like a pel box ,extra water, maxtracks etc could then be attached.Front runner do attachment plates that could be bolted on to the hinged plate.
That plate could be the hinged plate with a bit of modification

That plate could be the hinged plate with a bit of modification

Good idea, let me know how you get on with that as I’d be interested to copy if it works out. Assume you would hinge from the LHS upright?

Good idea, let me know how you get on with that as I’d be interested to copy if it works out. Assume you would hinge from the LHS upright?

Yes it would also stop anybody climbing up and removing things from the roof when folded in it could be locked

Yes it would also stop anybody climbing up and removing things from the roof when folded in it could be locked
That’s why I keep my trasheroo on 24/7. It’s not going to stop anyone determined but at least it’s a deterrent for an opportunist or a pissed student to climb the ladder! The Gruenthal Molle panel is a fair bit wider than the FR ladder even in portrait orientation so maybe not optimal.

That’s why I keep my trasheroo on 24/7. It’s not going to stop anyone determined but at least it’s a deterrent for an opportunist or a pissed student to climb the ladder! The Gruenthal Molle panel is a fair bit wider than the FR ladder even in portrait orientation so maybe not optimal.
Yes a bit expensive as well I think a cheaper option could be made for sure

I’d love something like this if I had a Cali and not the Joker: https://www.terranger-products.de/M...-zur-Aufnahme-von-Sandboards-Werkzeug-Taschen

Very similar to how I have mine set up, I have drop down table that I mount to the molle board when not using it for recovery boards. I even have the privacy room like in two of the pictures. I thought that was my original idea as it took me ages to find hardware I could use to mount it to the awning rail! Terranger rival Hess for their pricing!

Before getting the 50 Nord or similar shelves, did any of you try the IKEA Sunersta hack?