Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

hi sorry i missed this, no not yet still debating.Which company did you get them from?

I got mine from Direct 4x4 - they are 6mm machined aluminium like the Hess and the t5 upgrades ones but the front and diff plates were cheaper for the pair than just the front playe from the others. There are some areas where spending the money makes sense (buy once, cry once) but I figured that metal plates that are going to get scraped and bashed probably isn’t one! They are vented and look decent quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like that. Might be on my must have list in the near future just from a versatility POV. I like the fact it has a keel fin to provide a little more stability. And at 2kg the kayak is really easy to live with even if hiking.
Yes, I originally bought mine for hiking.

I’ve found a lot of my hiking gear, even (or especially) the ultralight stuff works well with the van. For example I have an ultralight double air mat (700 grams) that packs away to the size of a large grapefruit that works brilliantly on the downstairs bench bed. It’s freed up a ton of space on the back shelf and as I only sleep downstairs in really high winds or when stealth camping it’s the perfect solution.

Yes, I originally bought mine for hiking.

I’ve found a lot of my hiking gear, even (or especially) the ultralight stuff works well with the van. For example I have an ultralight double air mat (700 grams) that packs away to the size of a large grapefruit that works brilliantly on the downstairs bench bed. It’s freed up a ton of space on the back shelf and as I only sleep downstairs in really high winds or when stealth camping it’s the perfect solution.
I'm a 75% stealth camper so comfort downstairs is paramount. I just sold the uncomfort mattress locally making the secondhand Calibed Prestige III only an additional 60 euro investment. And what a great investment. A good nights sleep is priceless.

With a folding Brompton on the way and the possible addition of an inflatable Kayak my Cali is beginning to feel more and more like Thunderbird 2's German cousin.

I really like that. Might be on my must have list in the near future just from a versatility POV. I like the fact it has a keel fin to provide a little more stability. And at 2kg the kayak is really easy to live with even if hiking.
loads of good videos on youtube i have even bought the fishing rod attachment lol

I'm a 75% stealth camper so comfort downstairs is paramount. I just sold the uncomfort mattress locally making the secondhand Calibed Prestige III only an additional 60 euro investment. And what a great investment. A good nights sleep is priceless.

With a folding Brompton on the way and the possible addition of an inflatable Kayak my Cali is beginning to feel more and more like Thunderbird 2's German cousin.
you need this as well lol

you need this as well lol
Good thing retirement is just around the corner and I can justify all the little EXTRAS. I already have this in my must have column.
Chochet-Motorradanhaenger-faltbar-06-1030x773.jpg
Die neue BMW R 1300 GS | TourenfahrerDie neue BMW R 1300 GS | Tourenfahrer1,500 × 1,000

1706545777419.jpeg

Sounds good. I have the S2S self inflating upstairs and find it incredibly comfortable. My Exped air mat isn’t quite as comfy but still very good especially for occasional use. It’s warm and unlike a lot of airbeds isn’t noisy, I don't like the crisp packet sound that a lot of other airbeds eg Thermarests have.

If I stealth camped as much as you I’d probably use the S2S downstairs or copy your solution.

if you get a life jack these look amazing so compact
https://www.packrafting-store.de/anfibio-buoy-boy_1
wish i had seen them before i purchased the one i have now

loads of good videos on youtube i have even bought the fishing rod attachment lol
I was looking at one of these at the boat show. They look super cool. What size do they pack down to? I only saw the inflated version

I was looking at one of these at the boat show. They look super cool. What size do they pack down to? I only saw the inflated version
300mm x 200mm

There’s a very cool transverse mounted motorbike rack which takes up to 250kg - which was enough for my KTM Duke.

A bit less length to negotiate manoeuvring.
This one? Cool idea which deserves further investigation. I like the additional storage. Getting the bike on board single handed is my biggest concern. I need to see if there are YT vids as I can't see any demos on the Armitages web page.

They say comparison kills happiness, and I think they're right. ...I kind of feel like if I go buy some swamper alloys right now and remove the stark comparison between my alloys and @Jimmylondon07 's new ones, that i'll feel happier. :D

Looking nice mate.

This one? Cool idea which deserves further investigation. I like the additional storage. Getting the bike on board single handed is my biggest concern. I need to see if there are YT vids as I can't see any demos on the Armitages web page.

Let me look for the one I was musing years ago before kids & practically came into my life.

I had worked out it would take a Duke 390, which now exists in Adventure format and would be a perfect getaway vehicle when family camping so I can go howl at the moon.