Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Just discovered this bad boy... 230Ah Roamer LiPO battery designed to fit under the T6-T6.1 seat. Imagine 2 of these!

Just discovered this bad boy... 230Ah Roamer LiPO battery designed to fit under the T6-T6.1 seat. Imagine 2 of these!

Power anxiety would be a thing of the past.

This would be on my wish list if it proves to be reliable and a straightforward fit. Even with just 100w of solar with my modest power requirements id be 100% off grid

Just wait until you think you need beadlocks and a lift kit. Or even air…
I am kinda pleased I have a 150PS FWD and not a 4Motion as doing all that to it would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Have no doubt I’d be looking in to it at some point had I got a 4Motion :D

I am kinda pleased I have a 150PS FWD and not a 4Motion as doing all that to it would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Have no doubt I’d be looking in to it at some point had I got a 4Motion :D
I am starting to find this string - given its title - disappointing.

Every time I click on a recent addition I hope to see a photo of some impressive Swamper, and every time there is only banter. Photo's please ...

Every time I click on a recent addition I hope to see a photo of some impressive Swamper, and every time there is only banter. Photo's please ...

7ba348ae0affc174b1626fab5b56b35b.jpg

f7d80ec0d2ca12a7bd22acf870a6a29e.jpg

Not a Cali but my beast mode engaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have any action shots as that would require either a drone or a partner who is willing to get out and take pictures rather than cower in the driving seat, hands over her eyes mumbling “I don’t like this” under her breath!

Some camp shots instead

IMG_6170.jpeg

IMG_5419.jpeg

IMG_5693.jpeg

That's better, thank you, though rough action would be optimum .....

Last edited:
Just saw you also have the yellow covers for the Lazers. Awesome in fog and snow huh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t get the opportunity to drive in snow as much as I’d like but the lens covers are certainly a game changer in the fog which is more common in the UK! The Lazers might be my favourite and most practical upgrade on the van actually

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just follow the thread of the guy retro fitting 4WD to his wagon. That’ll inspire you.

Just follow the thread of the guy retro fitting 4WD to his wagon. That’ll inspire you.

I missed that one. Is it the Portuguese guy that has fitted a winch too?

I missed that one. Is it the Portuguese guy that has fitted a winch too?

Whyever not??

Had the phone call to say my 235/60R17 117/115r Michelin AGILIS crossclimate tyres are in.
It’s taken 4 weeks from Michelin, but guaranteed to be the newest batch.
Not the swamper look I want, but it’s function will suffice for 80% motorway and 20% campsites wet grass. and if i need to get to Europe in the winter months, 3PMSF as well. (If I don’t get chance to swap for the conti winters. )

IMG_1069.gif