Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

None. Everyone I know here runs them with BFG, Falkens and Coopers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notice on willtheyfit.com that I'll be adding 23.75mm to the ride height by going for the 65s, has that posed any issues for people on standard suspension? Thinking of 2m parking barriers specifically.

Notice on willtheyfit.com that I'll be adding 23.75mm to the ride height by going for the 65s, has that posed any issues for people on standard suspension? Thinking of 2m parking barriers specifically.
I think if I remember rightly, with 65’s on, comforser as standard have over 8mm of tread, I was at 1995. Standard suspension.
You should be alright, but I’d always have a spotter to watch, hanging out the open side door and creep in. Sometimes those barriers are not always exact either.
So I kept it in my head to go with 2.1m barriers to keep on the safe side.

IMG_0606.jpeg
I think they are going to look absolutely mint.
Almost look like they aren’t going to fit !
Build date of 50/23.
They are guaranteed to still have the same performance at 1.6mm as they are when new.
That start with 9.2mm of tread.

BTW do you carry a spare and if so where? Have you managed to mount one underneath?

One of the reasons I love the KO2’s is I can be reasonably confident on the terrain I drive that I won’t rip one. I’m planning a trip to the Balkans next year and won’t do that without a spare but I can’t fit one underneath even with an adapter. I don’t want to get rid of my ladder for a bike rack style mount as I need easy access to the roof rack. I’m thinking about a swing out mount on the tow bar.

Hi I have the falkens and have full size steel wheel with the falken fitted i didn’t need to cut anything from the plastic tray all I did is drop the air down and it’s fits with no issues

I had comforser 235/65R17 on with these Kato’s and they were fine. So I have no worries.
I think it’s the jaunty angle I took the pic.

Got 255/45R18 conti Winter Contacts on at the moment. So it’s sitting a lot lower.

Hi I have the falkens and have full size steel wheel with the falken fitted i didn’t need to cut anything from the plastic tray all I did is drop the air down and it’s fits with no issues

That’s good to know. What size are your Falkens?

My KO2’s are 255’s on 18” rims. I guess the spare doesn’t have to be 255, it’s the circumference that’s important for the 4Motion. It seems the consensus is 235/55 on an 18” steel rim should fit if not fully aired up?

That’s good to know. What size are your Falkens?

My KO2’s are 255’s on 18” rims. I guess the spare doesn’t have to be 255, it’s the circumference that’s important for the 4Motion. It seems the consensus is 235/55 on an 18” steel rim should fit if not fully aired up?

235/65/17

For anyone wondering, here’s a couple of pics of the Grabber AT3 235/55R17 on a Cali. Not as imposing as the 235/65R17 obviously, but still looks OK to me. Think I’ll order them on Monday…maybe…

View attachment 118784

View attachment 118785
Quite like the Oz wheels. Rally Raids?

Agreed re profile of tyres. Not markedly chunkier aesthetic than Agilis.

If you’re not off-roading, all rounder Michelins could be the way forward.

Yes, look like Rally Raids. Similar spoke pattern to the Twin Monotube AT2's I'm considering. Shame the Agilis aren't offered for an 18" wheel.

Those Michelins do look ace to be fair. Load index question as I note the Agilis are a dedicated van tyre with a load index way higher than the recommended 103H at 117/115R. What does that mean for real world performance and ride comfort?

Happy Wife Happy Life. And with the world going to crap it's nice to have a van that can go anywhere. A bug out van...
Definitely. Having got back into VW campers after a 20 year absence, I’m dipping my toe in with a bog standard Ocean. See how we go as a family.

If it gets me back into Vans & outdoors life (latter not so easy in England), I think I’ll get a 4WD setup and shift my kit across.

Did you do a long thread about your Joker and works done on it? If not, whoever did was what got me into this forum. Also indirectly into a new van instead of used, as I read about the wild promotions VW were giving in October. So I bought myself a birthday present and put in the order.

Definitely. Having got back into VW campers after a 20 year absence, I’m dipping my toe in with a bog standard Ocean. See how we go as a family.

If it gets me back into Vans & outdoors life (latter not so easy in England), I think I’ll get a 4WD setup and shift my kit across.

Did you do a long thread about your Joker and works done on it? If not, whoever did was what got me into this forum. Also indirectly into a new van instead of used, as I read about the wild promotions VW were giving in October. So I bought myself a birthday present and put in the order.
Yes, it was likely Webbah's

So happy it helped you! I need to do another post and maybe a "final" picture gallery. After 2 years of work it's pretty much complete! There are some great forums in German for Westfalia but this forum seemed like a friendly and knowledgable place. Not speaking German very well I thought I'd give it a try here even though I don't own a Cali (after seeing The BlueMerle post about his) and found it very welcoming by members. So many things are possible between the Cali and Transporter based vans and they share the same genes!

Congrats on the order!