Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

I was going for the rack and rear wheel mounted on it but I don’t like all the weight on the tailgate
I have a steel underneath with a 235/65/17 all terrain falken tyre it fits fine without any mods to the underside just needs air adding when needed
the rear ladder allows for wolf box storage on the roof and the ladder is great for a trasharoo which I use for wet kit and other things it’s proving a good setup still not cheap but nothing is.
I was going for the rack and rear wheel mounted on it but I don’t like all the weight on the tailgate
I have a steel underneath with a 235/65/17 all terrain falken tyre it fits fine without any mods to the underside just needs air adding when needed
the rear ladder allows for wolf box storage on the roof and the ladder is great for a trasharoo which I use for wet kit and other things it’s proving a good setup still not cheap but nothing is.
Very similar to my set up. I have a trasheroo knock offs which is great for wet, smelly and muddy kit/rubbish. I have a 100w solar panel on the roof rack, I also keep my tyre table up there which still leaves room for 2 Wolf Packs now that I’ve put the recovery boards on the side.

PS I have a tyre table for sale anyone wants to complete their rugged outdoor set up?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I copied your setup lol

Very similar to my set up. I have a trasheroo knock offs which is great for wet, smelly and muddy kit/rubbish. I have a 100w solar panel on the roof rack, I also keep my tyre table up there which still leaves room for 2 Wolf Packs now that I’ve put the recovery boards on the side.

PS I have a tyre table for sale anyone wants to complete their rugged outdoor set up?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
I need a few more wolf boxes they are great totally sealed and make good camping tables,I went for the front runner holding down clips that can be locked solid bit of kit.

I need a few more wolf boxes they are great totally sealed and make good camping tables,I went for the front runner holding down clips that can be locked solid bit of kit.

They are great. I bought two pros and the clip system from a seller on this forum. I use them on the rack mainly for wetsuits, firewood etc. I also have another three on the sliding tray in the boot for tools and camp kitchen.

I think I’m very close to my perfect set up now. Until I see the next shiny thing…

Air suspension remains on the wish list and it’ll probably stay there TBH.

They are great. I bought two pros and the clip system from a seller on this forum. I use them on the rack mainly for wetsuits, firewood etc. I also have another three on the sliding tray in the boot for tools and camp kitchen.

I think I’m very close to my perfect set up now. Until I see the next shiny thing…

It’s got pluses but it’s all the things that can go wrong put me off,my kayak goes in the boot which takes have the lower boot up I could still get two more wolf boxes in I think, the slide out drawer could be an option but I might lose space .
I am thinking differential breather kit and the raised air intake kit we have been caught with some big floods on our travels

It’s got pluses but it’s all the things that can go wrong put me off,my kayak goes in the boot which takes have the lower boot up I could still get two more wolf boxes in I think, the slide out drawer could be an option but I might lose space .
I am thinking differential breather kit and the raised air intake kit we have been caught with some big floods on our travels
This is the raised air kit

TERRANGER elevated engine air intake for increased wading depth, for VW T6 & T6.1.​

HOME / VW T6 / ICELAND PACKAGE / TERRANGER ELEVATED ENGINE AIR INTAKE FOR INCREASED WADING DEPTH, FOR VW T6 & T6.1.
TERRANGER elevated engine air intake for increased wading depth, for VW T6 & T6.1.
terranger-elevated-engine-air-intake-for-increased.jpg

TERRANGER elevated engine air intake for increased wading depth, for VW T6 & T6.1.

This is the raised air kit

TERRANGER elevated engine air intake for increased wading depth, for VW T6 & T6.1.​

HOME / VW T6 / ICELAND PACKAGE / TERRANGER ELEVATED ENGINE AIR INTAKE FOR INCREASED WADING DEPTH, FOR VW T6 & T6.1.
terranger-elevated-engine-air-intake-for-increased.jpg

I have a raised air intake but no breathers. I will invest if I manage to get to Iceland which is on my bucket list but proving to be logistically tricky with the dog. Balkans is on the agenda for this Autumn so underbody protection is the priority.

I have a raised air intake but no breathers. I will invest if I manage to get to Iceland which is on my bucket list but proving to be logistically tricky with the dog. Balkans is on the agenda for this Autumn so underbody protection is the priority.

Which intake do you have?

Yes the added complexity is a concern but there are a few on the forum that have put in some big miles on and off road on VB air.

I used to kayak but these days we use the SUP’s more. I do have a pack raft that I’ve barely used which packs down ridiculously small and weighs less than 6kg including the paddle. I plan to use it more often this year, if this rain doesn’t stop soon I might need it to get to the shops…

The thing I like is the breathers are under the bonnet out of the muck and damp my Land Rover swivel housing blew grease out because the diff breather was blocked it can easily be missed,it will keep the oil in better condition less moisture also

Balkans look amazing greece would also be a good long trip loads of wild camps off road tracks and amazing beaches

Yes the added complexity is a concern but there are a few on the forum that have put in some big miles on and off road on VB air.

I used to kayak but these days we use the SUP’s more. I do have a pack raft that I’ve barely used which packs down ridiculously small and weighs less than 6kg including the paddle. I plan to use it more often this year, if this rain doesn’t stop soon I might need it to get to the shops…

This German couple have done loads of travel Greece balkans etc etc subtitles only

Lange Reisen YouTube

This German couple have done loads of travel Greece balkans etc etc subtitles only

Lange Reisen YouTube
Cheers I’ll take a look. I am half Cypriot and unsurprisingly love Cyprus & Greece. I have holidayed all over the Greek mainland and I agree it would be an adventure paradise in the van, the Peloponnese is probably my favourite place on Earth. Northern Greece will be the end point of the Balkans trip.

My son has just launched a gyro business so I can now eat Greek every day too!

Air suspension is perfect. Until it isn’t.

I would love it, but I fear the dent to my meagre financial worth when it goes wrong.

Air suspension is perfect. Until it isn’t.

I would love it, but I fear the dent to my meagre financial worth when it goes wrong.

At least you’ll be able to lower the van for easy access after the bank manager has knee capped you?

At least you’ll be able to lower the van for easy access after the bank manager has knee capped you?

It’s my wife I’m scared of.

Once she realises how much I’ve sunk into my automotive ‘investments’, I’ll be lowered into my grace with my self levelling suspension.

That said, I’ve ordered my ladder just now.

So at least I can wave the white flag from high ground.

It’s my wife I’m scared of.

Once she realises how much I’ve sunk into my automotive ‘investments’, I’ll be lowered into my grace with my self levelling suspension.

That said, I’ve ordered my ladder just now.

So at least I can wave the white flag from high ground.
Bank manager, wife. You say tomato I say tomatoe…

Been looking in to this a bit more.

Black Bike Rack - £1,100
THULE WanderWay is half-black and half-price at 550.
have one and really great, nicer sleeker shape than original.

THULE WanderWay is half-black and half-price at 550.
have one and really great, nicer sleeker shape than original.
I have one and I have painted the silver parts black with plastidip. Its totally worthless for anything else than bikes though, the t5 type VW rack is much better for attaching stuff to.

I have one and I have painted the silver parts black with plastidip. Its totally worthless for anything else than bikes though, the t5 type VW rack is much better for attaching stuff to.
Thats the bit to weigh up between the Quasi and Kylie tbh. The kylie was a little more versatile at times, but the quality of the quasi is much better (plastic ratchets etc) as well as much wider tyre mounts.

Cheers I’ll take a look. I am half Cypriot and unsurprisingly love Cyprus & Greece. I have holidayed all over the Greek mainland and I agree it would be an adventure paradise in the van, the Peloponnese is probably my favourite place on Earth. Northern Greece will be the end point of the Balkans trip.

My son has just launched a gyro business so I can now eat Greek every day too!
Poli Kala!