Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Would 18” 255 55 work on a California?

That’s what I have on twin monotube wheels. If I were to start again though I’d probably go with 17/255/65 as the ride on the KO2's is quite harsh, a bit more tyre wall might help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have you put the alloy and tyre specifics in on https://willtheyfit.com?

Re tyre sizes I was perusing my Discover Pro the other day and seems I can select between these preset tyre size options. Does anyone know what changing this does? I have active TPMS so not sure if everyone can select between these or not…I assume it adjusts the monitoring pressure of the TPMS but am not sure.

Am inclined to stick with one of these sizes on the simple basis that if VW have loaded it in there, it should be OK :)

IMG_2369.jpeg

Last edited:

Re tyre sizes I was perusing my Discover Pro the other day and seems I can select between these preset tyre size options. Does anyone know what changing this does? I have active TPMS so not sure if everyone can select between these or not…I assume it adjusts the monitoring pressure of the TPMS but am not sure.

Am inclined to stick with one of these sizes on the simple basis that if VW have loaded it in there, it should be OK :)

View attachment 117789

I probably should have added that I have a 35mm lift and upgraded suspension. Not sure 18/255/55 would work on the stock set up so I reckon sticking with the VW pre loaded sizes as you suggest is the safest approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 117789
It'll just be the TPMS it changes most likely.

From my understanding from a tamper perspective, you cant change the data behind wheel size etc. Otherwise you could very easily falisfy milage etc.

There's a couple of instances where folks have tried to take their vans to VW to get them to recalibrate speed using increase wheels but getting told theyre not able to. However there's other experiences where folks have been able to upsize their wheels and adjust the speedo (via VW), but cant downsize again.

It'll just be the TPMS it changes most likely.

From my understanding from a tamper perspective, you cant change the data behind wheel size etc. Otherwise you could very easily falisfy milage etc.

There's a couple of instances where folks have tried to take their vans to VW to get them to recalibrate speed using increase wheels but getting told theyre not able to. However there's other experiences where folks have been able to upsize their wheels and adjust the speedo (via VW), but cant downsize again.

My Speedo was calibrated and reads 1-2mph over GPS readings from Waze etc which is pretty spot on. I have a T6 though, I’m not sure this is possible on the 6.1?

I probably should have added that I have a 35mm lift and upgraded suspension. Not sure 18/255/55 would work on the stock set up so I reckon sticking with the VW pre loaded sizes as you suggest is the safest approach.

I was being lazy as driving up from Cornwall.

I spotted a set of Oz alloys wearing brand new General Grabbers on Facebook and was wondering aloud if they would fit.

This is what will they fit tells me. I think the data I input for stock Woodstocks is correct.

Will they fit?

IMG_0829.png

IMG_0828.png

I was being lazy as driving up from Cornwall.

I spotted a set of Oz alloys wearing brand new General Grabbers on Facebook and was wondering aloud if they would fit.

General do a Grabber AT3 in 235/55R17, it's about the only all-terrain tyre I've seen in one of the preset sizes listed on my Discover Pro system, the rest in that size appear to be all-seasons like the Michelin Cross Climates.

If I go for AT rather than all-seasons that's probably where I'll land, can't shake the feeling of wanting to play it safe and stick to the presets to avoid any issues.

Last edited:
I have matt black on my deep black/indium grey two tone so I’m inclined to agree! I think the sand/bronze work really well with the pure grey though.
Could you post a picture as have the same colour combo and see very few with wheel/tyre options

Those look to be Superturismo's. the load rating is only 630kg so way below what is needed for the Cali
They are indeed & that’s what I asked the current owner. They were on a Vivaro. I did wonder.

Nice wheels though.

They are indeed & that’s what I asked the current owner. They were on a Vivaro. I did wonder.

Nice wheels though.
0.o

Used to see those all the time back when I had the old Lotus'...and they were on a van?! Gods.

0.o

Used to see those all the time back when I had the old Lotus'...and they were on a van?! Gods.
Don’t think I’m doing the advertiser a disservice, as these are on Facebook MP. And a snippet of my conversation on Messenger.

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

Not sure what I’m more shocked about, that exchange or the thought of people pimping up their Vivaros.
To try and learn, engage and reach more of an audience, we joined a range of different facebook groups. I can indeed confirm that there is a Vivaro pimp-up group. A lovely group (limited interaction), but wouldn't have been the first van I thought of when pimping. That said, I debaged my old Smart Roadster to claw whatever street cred I could, so I cant really judge.

No TüV certification requirements and inappropriate wheels on vans. UK is the Wild West.

Did he work for TÜV?
:D Dont mention TuV! :D

To be fair, Mr Sheffield's story wasn't as bad as I first thought - only because of my reading comprehension mind you. Note to all - a 'Ducato' is very different than a 'Ducati'.

To try and learn, engage and reach more of an audience, we joined a range of different facebook groups. I can indeed confirm that there is a Vivaro pimp-up group. A lovely group (limited interaction), but wouldn't have been the first van I thought of when pimping. That said, I debaged my old Smart Roadster to claw whatever street cred I could, so I cant really judge.
At least you didn’t try and bling up that knackered old Porsche you used to drive :D CamperFam and I used to work together about 10 years ago and lost contact until I watched his SpaceMate slide-out draw video a couple of months back, small world indeed!