Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mini vs Marco Polo!!

Hot water supply in the MP sounds nice, clearly Westfalia have brought their expertise to this van. I can't help think that VW have left the camping side of the Cali to one side and instead focused on the normal T6 spec list and nonesense like lane control. The camping packet in Sweden is the smallest pack while the premium pack is what they actually want to sell you (awful sat nat)

I'm pretty sure that the MP doesn't have hot water. The aux water heater they are referring to is probably either the coolant pre-heater for the engine or the cabin night heater. Both of these come as standard on an Ocean.

More worrying from that review was how they managed to flatten the main battery on the MP with one night away. A couple of initial questions - how is that possible when it should be isolated and use the leisure battery and b) what was being so power hungry to flatten it in just one night?

They did make reference to aircon in the MP when on hookup - is that right? Does the MP have an electric air conditioner that can be operated when the engine is not running?

The Marco Polo does not have hot water. The Joker by Westfalia does though.

Hate mobile phone smart text!!

Last edited:
Did you notice the spelling mistake of the word Westfalia?

Working in Germany and Westphalia region does not agree with predictive text.

I don't know about the mini with the auto roof home box, but i would like to say a big thank you to the East Anglian (or whoever) branch of the mini club who kept us up for 2 complete nights at Fakenham Racecourse Caravan (and motorhome, trailer tent, fifth wheel and sometime tents) Club this weekend.

UK August Bank Holiday - what did I expect really :).

I'm pretty sure that the MP doesn't have hot water. The aux water heater they are referring to is probably either the coolant pre-heater for the engine or the cabin night heater. Both of these come as standard on an Ocean.

More worrying from that review was how they managed to flatten the main battery on the MP with one night away. A couple of initial questions - how is that possible when it should be isolated and use the leisure battery and b) what was being so power hungry to flatten it in just one night?

They did make reference to aircon in the MP when on hookup - is that right? Does the MP have an electric air conditioner that can be operated when the engine is not running?
No it does not.

Warm water is an optional extra.
It runs through the webasto or eberspächer and costs 1139 euronen.

Warm water is an optional extra.
It runs through the webasto or eberspächer and costs 1139 euronen.
Think the water heater is for the engine like the Cali is it not.

Could be, Larry. But i can´t understand how it would be an
optional extra if its only for warming the engine.

Pretty sure It's an option on the Cali Beach along with the parking heater. Standard on the Se/Ocean.

Yep. its probably the same.
I don´t think i would order it as an option.

Local dealer said no running hot water possible in the Marco Polo only engine heater as per California. Maybe he was wrong but he certainly was up on the vehicle.

Confirmed with Mercedes only auxiliary diesel water heater 5kw output for max 60 minutes and not for basin (no running water)

Last edited:
Back