miss fueling

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I had only derv car for years and never miss fuelled but was wondering about fitting a miss fueling devise to the filler cap on my Cali. so it could never happen. I was wondering if any member have expirence of such caps and if so which one they have fitted. Oli have you had any issues with your fleet?

HY09UMU said:
I had only derv car for years and never miss fueled but was wondering about fitting a miss fueling devise to the filler cap on my Cali. so it could never happen. I was wondering if any member have experience of such caps and if so which one they have fitted. Oli have you had any issues with your fleet?

Moving a little of subject one of our members had diesel put into his water tank whilst on a long tour of Europe. :shocked :crazy

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=830

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1148

John

John said:
HY09UMU said:
I had only derv car for years and never miss fueled but was wondering about fitting a miss fueling devise to the filler cap on my Cali. so it could never happen. I was wondering if any member have experience of such caps and if so which one they have fitted. Oli have you had any issues with your fleet?

Moving a little of subject one of our members had diesel put into his water tank whilst on a long tour of Europe. :shocked :crazy

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=830

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1148

John

My son did it to my van on his first trip out - yuk!

Just ordered one too - came close once to putting petrol a previous Jeep, keen to avoid a silly with the Cali. Thanks for the pointer. :clap

Andy

Which Fuel Angel did you get? I got MPD-015 and it broke when I tried to fit it :cry: It was too long and the front retaining ring fell out! Not too impressed so far but I spoke to them and they are going to send me a shorter one - I'll give them one more chance :|

Andy

I got th same the front ring came off on 1st fitting but just pushed it back in and went in fine on second attempt and stayed in place with no issue

Tried it again and managed to get it on, just, by keeping the retaining ring off whilst screwing the device in; however, it still didn't sit right so I shall wait for the shorter one to arrive.

Thanks for the prompt reply and help :thumb

Cheers,

Andy

better to get the shorter one then. mine is in fine I did e-mail prior to ordering as they only listed "transporter" but is must be be tight on the Cali so glad they do a shorter one

I put a small red plastic bag over the fuel cap.........only because I have a petrol car and it reminds me the Cali is Diesel....it works a treat to remind me its diesel!!!!!

OK, got my shorter replacement Fuel Angel (MPD-021) and all is well in the world. The retaining ring again fell off as I screwed the device in but this time the ring was easy to put back and was flush with the plastic rim. I have just got back from Tescos, a petrol filler wouldn't fit but the diesel one would; it feels strange as the pump only goes in an inch or so but there was no spillage or premature automatic pump shut off; all in all, very pleased :thumb

Andy

concur the first time you fill up MOST strange :crazy
but does what it should

Back