Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moderation

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi guys. Is there any reason why when I post messages that I get a blue strip saying they need to await moderation? It didn’t used to happen. Have I posted something controversial or offensive that’s set off an algorithm or something?

Hi guys. Is there any reason why when I post messages that I get a blue strip saying they need to await moderation? It didn’t used to happen. Have I posted something controversial or offensive that’s set off an algorithm or something?
It could depend where you are posting (for sale etc) or if you are attaching photo’s...

@Elly Swanson , guess you refer to a post in the "view from your van" thread '
This is in the photo's section and every post needs approval my moderation , always was so....

It happens every X days, that someone posts the same question, wondering why in earth their post suddenly needs moderator approval. Thinking that perhaps they've done something wrong ;-) See here and here or here and here or here, etc.

Perhaps it's possible to display a clear message explaining this, when people post in one of these forums where a post needs to be approved. Might prevent the same question coming back.

It's simple , every single post in photo's , dealer reviews and all posts in adverts need moderation approval.
It's a clear message saying this when you post there , most things get approved within' short notice , patience is a god's gift...

Happend to me too and I guess - mods will know - it is also to prevent "to much/big" pictures here. Only know from the German Caliboard they had members using the board as a picture cloud

Thanks to you all for prompt replies (as usual). I didn't realise some need approval and always have. I did notice that they've always been approved very quickly. I must have been posting alot lately to photo ones.

Cheers all. I love these forums and appreciate how well they are moderated and how smoothly they run for members. Good to now I've not been put on the naughty step ;).

We can probably remove approvals from the photos section now , this was put in place a few years ago for some reason that I can't remember. That should leave it just on the marketplace section where we do need to keep it in place.

Don't worry Elly, you have done nothing wrong

Takes hours for a simple text to be posted???

Back